PDA

View Full Version : Throught I should share a little essay i did for school

Zack S
09/05/2002, 11:09 PM
I hope you like the following it was a open essay project. Rember i am only in 7th grade so this is why this happens.
When I am not feeling well, my Mom always takes care of me. She always listens to me and treats me with respect. When I need help with schoolwork or anything, my Dad is always there to help me. Even my brother will help me sometimes with my homework. That is why I get so upset when I am treated poorly at some fish stores. I am always kind and polite to the employees, but they seem to have no respect for me. If I go in with my parents then they are all nice and helpful. I get very little respect at fish stores, resulting in less information for me.
I have a large collection of fish and fish tanks. I go to different fish stores a lot to check out new fish, corals, and equipment for my tanks. Often, when I go into the fish stores on my own, the employees pretend as if I am not there. Even when I say, "Excuse me," they ignore me. They usually will roll their eyes in disgust if I keep at them with questions. I believe this is because I am a kid. They think I have no money so why should they bother with me. I also think that they are prejudiced against kids because they think we are stupid. When I take out my twenty-dollar bills to pay they change their attitude towards me very quickly. They are always willing to sell me this or that once they see my money.
One way to get treated with the respect I deserve would be to show that I have my own money. I would have to buy something with my own money. If I did that maybe the next time I come in I would be treated correctly. I could share my knowledge with the people who work there. If I they continue to ignore me, I would get really upset. Then I would stop going to that particular fish store altogether. That would be hard for me to do because there are few good fish stores. The solution that would work best would be to pay with my own money and then next time I come I would receive helpful information and respect.
The benefits of this solution are many. First off, I would be able to purchase what I need for my tanks and fish. I would be able to go to the best fish stores. More important, I would receive some respect. The store would benefit also because they would get my business. I think both of us would benefit from our being able to talk about fish. Best of all, my parents would benefit because they would not have to always come with me when I go to the fish store.
When I go to fish stores I receive little or no respect from the staff working there. My solution to this would be to buy something there and when they see I do have money, the next time I come I could obtain good information. This would benefit everyone by me getting me what I need for my tanks. For my parents by not always having to come in. For the store that would be selling my product, they would get my money.

Thanks for reading!!!

Mojoreef
09/08/2002, 08:18 PM
Great essay Zack well said

Mike

Zack S
09/08/2002, 08:20 PM
Hey thanks a lot for the comment

Mushroom Boy
09/08/2002, 11:17 PM
I agree Zack, nicely said! I'm glad to see the new generation taking an interest in this wonderful hobby. Don't let those LFS guys push you around! :D

Paul.

Zack S
09/12/2002, 10:55 PM
hey thanks a lot for the comments