PDA

View Full Version : Get together

BBishop
05/13/2007, 04:42 PM
It's been a long time since the "club" got together. We should plan a date and make it happen.

Bill

TouchemAllTommy
05/15/2007, 02:42 PM
What's the club? I'd like to get involved, i'm in SB though..Where have the meetings been taking place?

audiowerks
05/15/2007, 04:17 PM
interested too, also in S.B.

TouchemAllTommy
05/15/2007, 07:16 PM
hey audiowerks...whenever this fish meeting happens, remind me i need to talk to you about putting a stereo into the '65 falcon ranchero i just got - looks like you're the man for that! :)

BBishop
05/15/2007, 08:02 PM
The "club" was the central coast reefkeepers. We organized a meeting last year, but that was it. It seems like it's dead except a few post every now and then.

I part time at the local pet shop. The trend here is mostly soft and LPS corals. Other than myself, I know only 2 other people here that keep sps, and they work at the shop as well.

You guys should get something going on in SB. I'd be more than happy to drive down there to meet fellow reefers.

audiowerks
05/15/2007, 09:00 PM
Nice ride TAT, my installer has a '63 ranchero that we've been working on.. let me know what you need anything for the beast!

seanb
05/15/2007, 11:21 PM
I would be up for another meeting! The one we had last October was in Arroyo Grande, but I would be willing to travel a little.

TouchemAllTommy
05/16/2007, 01:35 AM
well, shoot..let's do something..i'll hit up the LFS near my house (atlantis) and see if we can get a pre-hours walk through and sale if we get enough people. i'm open to people coming to my place for beers and bbq after and just see what we can put together. based on the response i've gotten from people from stuff i've offered on craigslist, i think there's enough interest to make a little sumthin happen..thoughts?

Brewen
05/16/2007, 10:27 PM
I would be up to a gathering again. After the Oct gathering, Orcutt aquarium started to have a meeting or 2 but nothing since Jan. Ten or fifteen show up to those meetings. I know there are a fair amount of us on the central coast that would enjoy evolving into a club.

BBishop
05/17/2007, 08:58 PM
Hey Brewen,
Haven't seen you on the web for awhile.
How's the tank doing?

Santa Maria might be a good place for a get together, since it's right on the border between SB and SLO county.

Bill

Brewen
05/18/2007, 07:59 PM
Hey Bill I am doing great, the tank is back on the road to being healthy. Had a little hiccup with AEFW so I tore the tank down kept the LR in a tub for about 3.5 months. The acros in the display tank treating them for a month, min in losses. Lost a lot of color in the acros very pale and some brown. When I put the tank back to I dipped one last time using the fluk method AEFW free.
With that being said the tank has been back together for 3 weeks everything coloring back up a bit. So with time and care the tank will be back as strong as ever.
As far as a group meeting we just need to just keep talking about getting people to commit and then set a place and time. I will be there.

CAreefer
05/24/2007, 04:48 AM
Hey all, haven't seen much activity here lately. Good to see it pick up. I'd be willing for a drive to SM, but SB is too far due to variable work schedule and limited time. I'm in Paso, have a pretty extensive acro collection, frag tank and lots of frags. Brewen's been to my place and seen the set up. I've wanted to get to Orcutt Aquarium but have never made it there. My last trip (first since new owners) to AA was a total disappointment. Not a single acro in the place. Bought a few snails and left.

CAReefer

tacocat
05/24/2007, 11:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10004595#post10004595 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CAreefer
Hey all, haven't seen much activity here lately. Good to see it pick up. I'd be willing for a drive to SM, but SB is too far due to variable work schedule and limited time. I'm in Paso, have a pretty extensive acro collection, frag tank and lots of frags. Brewen's been to my place and seen the set up. I've wanted to get to Orcutt Aquarium but have never made it there. My last trip (first since new owners) to AA was a total disappointment. Not a single acro in the place. Bought a few snails and left.

CAReefer

It hasn't been the same since they took down that acro dominated 120g. I guess I'll have to swing by Orcutt next time I'm in town.

D-Rod
05/24/2007, 04:17 PM
CAreefer, If we get together or better yet if my schedule gives me free time maybe you can tell us if there's anything we can do to prepare for an earthquake?

Being up here in Paso.

CAreefer
05/25/2007, 01:05 AM
I could certainly share what I did, Don't know if it will work or not. We haven't had a sizeable quake since I filled my 225. We can definitely talk about it though.

CAReefer

BBishop
05/27/2007, 05:24 PM
CAreefer,
That's a nice looking acro in your avatar. What is it?

CAreefer
05/27/2007, 05:46 PM
BBishop, that is A. plana.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x255/CAReefer/Reef%20tank/A-6.jpg

CAReefer

BBishop
05/28/2007, 04:51 PM
Any chance of you wanting to sell or trade for a piece of that?

CAreefer
05/28/2007, 08:58 PM
You wouldn't believe the number of requests I've had for frags since posting that pic. Now I just need to come up with a catchy name, call it an LE and charge a fortune for it. :lol:

Seriously though, it's still pretty small overall (about the size of a baseball) and I took 6 frags from it yesterday, they're all spoken for already. Next go round I should be able to hook you up Bill, or if someone backs out I'll let you know.

Marshal

tanku
05/29/2007, 05:49 PM
LENNY at the orcutt aquarium is planning another meet in the near future. I will keep you posted. the meeting might be a tank tour at peoples houses, ending in a bbq pool party at my house.

ZeRo 91
06/04/2007, 01:12 PM
Hey guys I am local to Santa Barbara just recently found out about the local board here on RC, been lurking around the site just gathering information, I have been reefing for about 1 year now mainly doing softies and LPS but I just upgraded to MH so I plan on doing some SPS. I would love to meet up somewhere anywhere in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria would be great. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Brewen
06/09/2007, 07:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10038470#post10038470 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tanku
LENNY at the orcutt aquarium is planning another meet in the near future. I will keep you posted. the meeting might be a tank tour at peoples houses, ending in a bbq pool party at my house.
Any update on when this might happen tanku? Let me know.