PDA

View Full Version : Nano update - Alex

asfullax
05/09/2007, 12:32 PM
Well, I became a casualty about 2 weeks ago which got me really angry, and well I am now cooled off.

Autumn and I went on vacation a few weeks ago and had a friend watch the house. Normal stuff, let the dog out, feed the dog and top off the nano.

Well, Somehow (don't ask) he ended up totaling my mustang and he could not make it back to our house for a few days. Needless to say the nano ran dry, blew the heater, roasted and finally warped the main drive shaft on the pump and somehow my filterbox shattered. SO, anybody wondering what the F happened to my nano, now you know. :D

The good part is the break I took from the nano, I put my time to other neglected tasks such as redesigning the NMOK web site. Although the site is in "Alpha" I have been putting hours and hours of time into the template and graphics.

I am now ready to start on the nano again, although I think I am out of the contest due to time and cost having to replace so much, but I don't care, I just want to get it going again. but this time I am quick cycling it. Hopefully start by adding a monti this weekend and see how it does under the MH

Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the crashed tank, but amazingly, the only thing in there was a GSP the Israel gave me which somehow survived amazingly high temps and no flow for probably 3 days.

asfullax
05/09/2007, 03:43 PM
BTW:

If anybody wants to check out the "rough" site in progress, go ahead and check it out. Post up "requests" or "ideas" if you want...

http://www.nmoceankeepers.com/stage

I will be adding many more videos of our tanks, masna, macna, (approvial pending) more copyrighted shows, etc... Plus, I am going to have a FULL photo gallery at some point. The site videos, per terms, will be password protected, so, only members will be able to watch the good LONG ones. Of course, for now the site is just open, but please do not share except with other NMOK people.

israelnajar
05/11/2007, 10:31 PM
I was wondering to myself where you have been. I am surprised that the GSP lasted that long at such a high temp + no flow. Maybe I will sell them for ungodly amounts of money. Marketed as high-temp GSP. These have the ability to survive 90 degree water for extended periods of time. :) Or something like that. Maybe not. Glad to hear that they made it tho, and there was no other livestock in the tank.

The Alpha site looks good. Is this going to replace what we have now at www.nmoceankeepers.com?

Thanks for the update.

asfullax
05/12/2007, 02:57 AM
The beta site is something I have been planning so we can have dynamic updates through e-mail and through reefcentral, this way upkeep is kept to a minimum. Jenn has been the webmaster thus far and with her schedule and mine being soooo jam packed, we need something a bit easier and streamlined.

Right now the new site is just an idea and I can't commit to anything just yet, but I feel that we need to move twords a less stressfull design.

And as for the GSP, the funny part is that they were not growing that much before, but now AFTER the crash they have grown about 20% in the last week or so. I am assuming the 100% water change had a hand in that though. :D but they are still kicking strong, although they have lost some color under the 14k 70MH, I think I am going to try the 20K for a while and see what that does.

Right now the nano is fugeless, skimmerless but somehow the params are keeping stable. I guess not having a reef without fish really does stay clean. If your coming to the next meeting you can check it out. :)