PDA

View Full Version : Xenia madness

incuboy
09/04/2002, 01:13 PM
I have a huge problem (like many of you) with Xenia's growing rampant in all parts of my tank. Well guess what? I bought some tiger cowries to handle the algae (and boy did they) and they are munching on the Xenias too! They don't touch anything else, and actually leave some of them behind, but they are controlling them quite well....

I'm rather pleased since I was getting tired of trying to tweeze the out all the time. Just thought you should know!

heedicus
09/04/2002, 02:47 PM
so you have not had any probs with them munching any other softies. wanna let me borrow him for a couple weeks=) chuckle chuckle,
t
where did you buy them by the way if you dont mind me asking?
thanks for the leathers the other day, they are all doin very well...
plus, i was checking out one of the borneman books and i think that mystery coral you have got is called a pagoda (turbinaria Mesenterina) i think...

incuboy
09/04/2002, 06:28 PM
Hey bro.

Got 'em at Garden Center West (Shelly keeps a few on hand) and, I don't THINK they've mowed on anything else...but I'm kinda retarded sometimes and don't notice things all the time. Certainly they have knocked some stuff over since they are giganta-blobs on steroids, but that just means they are eating the algae underneath as well.

Glad you liked the leathers, and if you murder them...hey! There's more where those came from! >:)

That sounds right about that weird coral I have. Thanks for looking it up. Now if I could only divide the damn thing...Scott? Are you reading any of this? You're the master of coral division...HELP!

Oh, and on the "loaner program for my snails..." uh, no. I'm not Tates rents for tiger cowries. Get your own damn cowries! ;)

<grin>

heedicus
09/04/2002, 07:08 PM
so no rent a snail huh, how about trade a snail, i will give you three popsicle sticks, one shrimp molt and three snails on thursday for one cowrie today=)

chuck chuck,

anywho I saw scott last night and was meaning to mention something but forgot. alas, i am sure he is out here somewhere.

anywho all for now
t

GARFVolunteer
09/06/2002, 12:47 AM
Scott? Are you reading any of this?

If it is a pagoda, it can be fragged like other SPS corals. I do not know of any special requirements. I have what I believe is a pagoda in my tank. I have had it for about 2 years and it has doubled in size. Of course that isn't saying much since it is only the size of my little toe now....

I am leaving for Japan on Monday and will not be back until October 4th. I would be happy to help frag it then. Would even bring over some Xenia.....