PDA

View Full Version : What happened at the April NMOK meeting?

GreenUku
04/28/2007, 03:52 PM
Can anyone post the minutes or a just post what they remember happening at last week's meeting? Thanks.

We were in Houston for the weekend and while we missed the NMOK meeting, we did get to visit a really awesome new store in Houston called Fish Gallery, which also includes a showroom of custom aquariums by Aquarium Environments. They had one freshwater display tank that looked about 20ft long x 8ft tall. One of the guys there told me that they had recently installed a setup in a restaurant in Mexico City that came out to $200k! The saltwater section was very nice, though they told me they were still waiting to stock some things since the tanks had only been up for about five weeks. Also, they carry ADA fresh water stuff, which is some (crazy, expensive) Japanese equipment for planted tanks. In any event, if you happen to be down in Houston, you should check them out (http://www.aquariumenvironments.com/umbrella/index.html). It's one of the nicest fish stores I've seen anywhere.

israelnajar
05/02/2007, 12:42 PM
I think that this was the second most laid back meeting we've had.

Sit around for an hour and half, drinking and taking and snacking.

Talked a little bit about how Alex is setting up a paypal account for taking donations for the damage done at the Albuquerque Aquarium.

Welcomed some potential members.

Watched Kevin make some rock. Got some good pointers on how to make some different shapes, how and where to cure the rock once it hardened. There were also instruction sheets on how to do this. I'm sure K^2 would be happy to give ya one.

Talked about the next meeting. Location, more in depth plastic demo, DIY two part.

That's pretty much it.

GreenUku
05/02/2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks Israel.

israelnajar
05/02/2007, 08:26 PM
Not a problem, I hope that some one gives me the same courtesy since I will more than likely miss the next meeting due to my wife having a baby. :)

moonpower
05/08/2007, 08:27 PM
you keep us posted on that arrival!!!

asfullax
05/09/2007, 11:59 AM
+1