PDA

View Full Version : calurpab

celticht32
08/29/2002, 07:10 AM
If anyone in the group wants some of this let me know and I will
bring it back from dallas with me.. its a $1 a foot here...

Chris

p.s. there are 2 types the bubble and the long leaf not sure the name

Also gonna make a run for south fla sometime soon so anyone need mangroves?

Stuart
08/29/2002, 07:05 PM
Have you flown with livestuff? I was going to try to transport a handful of snails from S. Fl. but was unsuccessful. I called Southwest Airlines to see if they had a problem with it. At first they were reluctant, they checked around, then they said that the airport won't let you through security with a bag of water.

Good luck, Stuart

PS How's the new tank going?

celticht32
08/29/2002, 08:37 PM
yeah I fly back with corals and stuff all the time...
Funny you should mention South West Airlines.. thats who IBM has me working for...

Ok here is how it works...

If you fly southwest ask them for a wax box and plastic bag..
they will let you do that... Then you put your stuff in the wet box and check it...
If you are buying corals and such what I generally do is have the store pack them in the styrofoam shipping boxes they come in (most stores have tonnes of them) and then if they dont have a cardboard box go to a uhaul place and buy one.. Do not have the place over pump the bag (IE fill it with o2 till its like a baloon)
and then tape it up really good and check it...

I have brought back corals, live rock, crabs.. shrimp and snails with the worst thing happening was a bag burst on me because they over filled it with o2..

Have not brought back fish yet...

The 20 is coming along fine... I need a male bangai for the female I got for my birthday...

the 55 is doing great....

the 125 still hauling base rock home from dallas (they have dry base Fiji rock here for $1.40 so I have been slowly bringing it home a little at a time). Also need to get more lights for it.. (Buying a dual 175 from chris (she aint selling her tank YAY!! lol) who is trying to clear out her closet) Right now I have just a dual 55 watt pc and then the lights I am buying from chris.. Will have to buy one more ballast for the third 175 and then either a dual 96 watt pc or another dual 55 watt pc..
Then once I have the lights its time to order some fiji rock for the 125 and I am ready to go lol...

Have been bringing home calurpa from here too cause no place in jax I can find has it... gonna bring home 10 feet for the 125's sump when I get it going. Dont know if I am going to do mangroves in there... prob just gonna do calurpa to feed the tangs I want.

Chris

Stuart
09/06/2002, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try soon.

Stuart