PDA

View Full Version : Best dealer for purchasing a tank?

skylsdale
08/28/2002, 01:49 PM
I'm curious if you guys have a few suggestions as to the best place in the Seattle area to purchase a tank. I think I'm leaning toward an AGA 65 gal RR tank. Any recommendations? Anyone have a ballpark figure as to how much you think this would cost?

Thanks.

Gordo
08/28/2002, 04:47 PM
When I bought my tank I found the best deal at MidWay Tropical Fish. I have no idea how much a 65G RR will cost.

Midway Tropical Fish
24101 Pacific Hwy S KENT, WA 98032-5020
(206) 824-2616

~Gordo~

reedman
08/30/2002, 02:36 PM
Blue Sierra can get custom built acrylic tanks through a local company. I've heard great things about the tanks, plus they are cheaper than the tanks in the store (usually). The only catch is patience. You have to wait 4-8 weeks to get them last I asked. They also do stands and canopies the same way, if you are not DIY inclined.

MtnDewMan
08/30/2002, 08:12 PM
I got my tank through Aquarium Concepts in North Seattle. I had to wait a bit for mine as well. I believe it is the same outfit Blue Sierra gets their tanks from (IAP in Bremerton). I waited longer for mine because I had some things custom built to fit my needs. Mine is a 75 gallon, so not far off of your 65 gallon size.

skylsdale
08/31/2002, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the input fellas. The wife and I will be heading over to South Center Mall on Wednesday, and I would like to hit up one of the LFS's over there.

I was leaning more toward a glass tank since I have terrible luck with keeping acrylic "scratch free." As far as price, would you say that acrylic tanks are cheaper than glass ones? The wait wouldn't be a problem, since it will be a while until I have the opportunity to start this system.