PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms?

BIG "G"
08/23/2002, 05:14 PM
Hello everyone.

Ok, I know how to cut a mushroom up for fraging, but which side, edge do you glue to the rock?

Carlos
08/24/2002, 05:51 AM
It really does not make a difference. Under the right tank, anyside will do, heck, under the right tank, a shroom will attach to sand!!!

Carlos

Frick-n-Frags
08/24/2002, 07:14 AM
I actually have always used sand to let the mushroom attach to, THEN superglue the sand(daub with the Kleenex real quick) to the rubble or plug etc. Mushrooms just don't seem real glue-able to me. Have you guys/gals had any luck straight gluing them? Sure would save some bother.

felix
09/05/2002, 09:27 PM
When I frag them I just put them on a clam shell (like the kind you eat) and set them in the one spot of the tank they don't get blown away.... I have never had to use superglue, but the attach to the sand and then the sand to the rock sounds like a great idea! I have cut them off of rocks that I didn't want them on, practically murdering them... and then all the little bits from the mushroom that was removed (recovering and reproducing in a couple of months... sigh) all turn into little mushrooms and then I have several to remove... I can not get over how hardy these things are!!! The will to survive and propagate is very strong in them! One time I moved a metallic red away from a rock and put it somewhere else... for whatever reason a baby remained where the parent was, now my cave is becoming ringed in bright red mushrooms!
I say cut them however you like and then just let them be on a rock, shell, or sand. Hide them from the water flow for a couple of weeks and they will most likely attach themselves!