PDA

View Full Version : Minutes from the March NMOK meeting

tigersax7
04/02/2007, 02:13 PM
Announcements:

We have a member that is willing to teach us some basic diving …so for that meeting we will be moving it to a Saturday. This course is not for certification is s just for beginners…for this lesion there will be some medical factors you must meet. This will be worked out over the next month. So as we get closer to it we will try to pick a date that will best for every one. (This was taken to vote 9 people voted yes. This is about half the group)

In the summer months we might be planning some BBQ’s and pool party …with all the volunteers

Next month we will be having live rock demo.

In May we will be calk demo at Alex’s. Alex has ordered one 25 lb bag of calcium carbonate should be enough for 5-6 people….one 25 lb bag is enough to last one person 5 years…this method is very cheap….if you are interested in this let Alex know if you want to order before the next meeting.

Minutes:

For this meeting we got to look at Israel’s tank and his nano entry which is a total DIY (very nice work by the way). Those who were there we were able to do a plastic trimming demo using a router and a laminate trimming bit.

Notes on Nano lights:

As far as lights go Alex is going with a DIY 75 W metal halide system which he was able to build for a whopping $59. He will be posting info on this project on the club forum and his nano page. He had to order his bulbs straight from Hong Kong for a total 36 dollars …If you want to see this in action please talk with Alex….

A reminder the last time to enter the nano contest is next month.

If you would like to get info on acrylic work seek out Alex, Israel, or any other member who has experience with they will be glad to share there knowledge.

Other local sources for lighting (nano or otherwise)

Roy has discovered a hydroponics supply store that has a good source for nano lighting …the store is Albuquerque hydroponics. This store also has a lot of other hard ware that may work for a nano project.

Jen brought up the idea of a meeting centered around DIY stuff we have built for our tanks. Ideally this meeting would be a “show and tell” for cool DIY projects we can all make for our tanks. If you are interested this please talk to Jen if there is enough interest we can work this idea in to a meeting to take place some time this summer.

The Following minutes where of Peg’s impromptu talk about corals, the notes from this section will be released at a later date pending a review by Peg. I don’t want to misquote her. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you at the next meeting.

Jason
NMOK Secretary

crazy4acros
04/02/2007, 09:34 PM
In the summer months we might be planning some BBQ’s and pool party …with all the volunteers

Hey I'll be happy to host the BBQ/POOL party at my house, quite a bit of a drive though LOL! COME ONE OVER!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Thorly/008.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Thorly/crib2.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Thorly/crib1.jpg

Sorry i don't have a tank yet, but maybe you could use the lake for the SCUBA lessons.

Cheers! Thor

GreenUku
04/03/2007, 02:53 AM
Is that your new tank in the first couple pictures?? :D

crazy4acros
04/03/2007, 09:08 AM
Hahaha Yeah my Shark Tank! hummm not a bad idea? LOL