PDA

View Full Version : Next meeting

yardboy
03/24/2007, 09:21 AM
So David suggested April 7 as our next meeting, I was wondering if there is anything we could bring that others might need.
I mention this as I keep forgetting to offer Tammie and Steve a 55 gallon plastic drum I've got which is great for water storage (I use two). I have access to them on a fairly regular basis. I was thinking of making a shallow sump with this one but thought if anyone else wanted it instead, I could do the sump thing with a later one.
I've also got some year old 250DE and SE bulbs I could give if anyone needed one. They're old yes, but if you have one that blows out, they're nice to have as backups.
I've also got lots of carbon, it's the granular type for high flow, has to be rinsed as it's kinda dusty, but it works great and has no phosphate residue. I'd be glad to bring a pound or two to anyone who wants some.
The above is all free stuff by the way.
I'd also like to suggest as a topic for our next meeting, "Shipping corals". I'm getting overwhelmed by frags and have to start selling on-line but don't want unhappy buyers because of my ineptitude, so any info will be helpful.
By the way, the lfs in Lynn Haven run by the Viet guy is no more. Funny I never even knew what the name of the place was.

72olds455
03/24/2007, 09:28 PM
Hey Roger,

I like the idea for topic shipping corals. I am certainly good at rubber banding bags closed and have plenty of material for us all to practice. For freebies I will provide shipping bags and rubber bands, and I have a great source for pickling lime that I dont mind picking up. Roger, you certainly need to start shipping corals, you have some great money in those frag tanks waiting to be tapped. As for the "Viet" guy Truk he has moved to Georgia Ave and 390, just a few blocks away (the little 'L' shaped log cabin style office buildings just two blocks past 77 & 390). Also Roger, I am going out fishing tomorrow for Spanish & the ones that were given to me today had some roe (small) so in a few weeks I am sure I can porvide enough for us to try as coral food.

Sorry for any spelling errors, "Burbon & Coke" Mmmm.

Later
David:D