PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please..... FAST!!!

jamynsdad
03/23/2007, 08:00 PM
I have a sunrise dottyback that has become VERY aggresive towards my pair of clowns. It follows them all around the tank and will not leave them alone. Is there any way I can get it out without destroying the entire tank? It loves to stay DEEP in the rock work when i dip the net in the tank. Thanks in advance

Absinthe
03/23/2007, 08:06 PM
You can always try a fish trap, but that could catch any fish you have. It IS a smaller tank...you could try removing the rock piece by piece...but like you hinted at, that could really mess up your tank.

A dottyback in a 20g tank with more passive fish like clowns is a very bad idea...unfortunately you found out the hard way. :(

Good luck.

Illuminati
03/23/2007, 08:14 PM
You'll never catch it with a net and it is to smart for a fish trap. Might have to take out the rock, I had to to catch my Clarki Clown.

Is it a new addition? Maybe just needs some time to mellow out.

Also I have what is called a blue bar pseudochromis, totally peaceful to all of my other fish (YWG, Onyx Clown, Blue Assesor, Pygmy Angel)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/colinadam/tank10021005-1.jpg

Only place I've ever seen them is www.marinecenter.com

Good Luck

jamynsdad
03/23/2007, 08:18 PM
I've had him for about a month now. He was a little rough at first and seemed to chill out a little but in the past week he has become a total butthole. He even goes after my Skunk cleaner. I guess I only have one option... I will never take advise from that
LFS EVER AGAIN!!!!