PDA

View Full Version : micro bubbles??????

clowninaround74
03/22/2007, 05:18 PM
ok i have a SKIMMERLESS 24g AP and lately i have been experiencing tons of microbubbles in my tank. The only change i made to it was blocking most of my top overflow to allow for good surface skimming and what this does is allow the actual tank to stay full constantly while the back filter goes up and down with evap. Before that i had no microbubbles what so ever. The pump stays completely submerged at all times and i have no idea where they are coming from!!!

this is very irritating and any info would help. Is it the pump? i have no clue but its making me mad.

Thanks

Absinthe
03/22/2007, 06:47 PM
A "waterfall" in the back chambers can cause microbubble because the larger bubbles from the waterfall effect get chopped up by the pump.

Also, if the pump is vibrating at all it can lead to bubbles.

Turbulence = bubbles

WillWorkForFish
03/22/2007, 06:47 PM
what do you have in the back chambers?

clowninaround74
03/22/2007, 06:49 PM
in the first chamber, i have chemi pure, purigen and a piece of egg crate that the filter media sits on....in the second, all i have is the heater and the pump thats all

WillWorkForFish
03/22/2007, 06:55 PM
how high is your water level?
Try putting some filter floss in the right chamber against the center divider.. be sure to change it once a week at least..
thats what I did, I also have some between my sapphire skimmer and the overflow..

clowninaround74
03/22/2007, 06:56 PM
i have some filter floss in the little hole that goes from the first chamber to the second....the one in the middle but not the bottom