PDA

View Full Version : Selling entire 225g fast! Southern VA

hstanley70
03/22/2007, 01:31 PM
Apologies if this post is not welcome in this forum....

I'm selling off my entire 225g reef livestock as soon as possible, right down to bare glass. I REALLY hate to ship, especially some of these big purpled-up rocks with ricordea and zoanthids that can get damaged when shipped with rock. I'll consider shipping, though if you're willing to take the risk and I can find bags/styroboxes big and tough enough.

Please take a look at my website below to get an idea what I'm selling. I'm starting with all the easily removable corals, then I'll sell the rock (most of it with corals/anemones, etc. attached, then I'll sell the fish and the sand, macroalgae in the 'fuge, assorted equipment and the tank itself. I'm selling some of the more valuable pieces separately on eBay (I'm user hstanley70), but if you move fast on this you may just be able to stop by and have your pick this weekend before I get more items posted.

http://www.gloryhill.com/aquaria.htm

If you're setting up a new system, you won't get a better deal than this on established rock and easy-to-maintain corals.

I'm at hal_stanley@hotmail.com or by phone at 757.357.4492.

Kind regards,
hal

hstanley70
03/22/2007, 07:17 PM
Please see the following website for a detailed list of the livestock I'm selling and the APPROXIMATE local pickup prices:

My Inventory Page (http://www.gloryhill.com/inventory.htm)

Thanks everyone for the tremendous response!

Regards,
hal

hstanley70
03/23/2007, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone. A local buyer has agreed to take the entire list of items, so I'll not be able to sell specific items to individual buyers.

Please accept my apologies to those of you who have expressed interested in particular pieces. I didn't anticipate finding a buyer for all of the livestock as a batch, but it's an offer I can't pass up, given the short time I have to break down my tanks.

Kind regards,
hal

lanman3
03/28/2007, 06:58 PM
Here I just got done looking at the pictures, trying to decide if it's worth a trip to 'southern VA' - and come back to find it's all gone. Gone!!

Charlottesville, maybe worth the trip. Blacksburg or somewhere out WEST; probably not! :)

bob

hstanley70
03/28/2007, 07:03 PM
Sorry, man. If it's any comfort, the buyer is the owner of Fish Safari in Virginia Beach, VA, and I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you if you're interested in any particular pieces. We stripped down the tank and he took all the livestock just yesterday.

I still have some grape caulerpa (check out the Tidewater or Hampton Roads forums for details), and I'm selling the tank and stand w/lights if you're interested in driving to Smithfield, VA.

Regards,
hal

lanman3
03/28/2007, 07:09 PM
Throw in some free ham with that caulerpa? hehehe...

I have grape caulerpa coming out my... errr sump! And now that I leave the lights on more - the chaeto is fighting it for space.

No problem, dude - some of your zoa rocks appeared to be real ROCKS. Arrrrrgh!

bob

hstanley70
03/28/2007, 08:39 PM
Ham BISKIT! :> Y'all come!

Yeah, I had some fantastic zoo-rocks. One was easily 25 pounds absolutely COVERED in bright blues (and not like those fake ones that require photos under actinics). It really hurt to sell them all off, but c'est la vie...

I tried the chaeto vs. grape contest and the grape won in A MONTH. And by the way, for anyone out there trying to get red gracilaria (also known as Tang Heaven Red from IPSF) to grow in the same 'fuge as EITHER grape or chaeto, beware! I lost a pound of the expensive gracilaria in just two weeks that way. Ultimately, I think it was the huge pod population in the fast-growing green macroalgae that did it, but the meltdown was incredibly fast. My tangs were NOT amused...

Cheers,
hal