PDA

View Full Version : lawnmower blenny help

chuy marquez
03/22/2007, 01:17 PM
y lawnmower blenny looks like someboby put a vaccum cleaner to it. What can I try to feed it to see if it can get better?

Salty Sam
03/22/2007, 04:16 PM
Try some seaweed, they can be finicky eaters once the algae is gone.

mitchellmoto
03/22/2007, 04:30 PM
I've heard soaking seawood in garlic helps finicky eaters. I'm just starting to use some!

strayvoltage
03/22/2007, 10:04 PM
chuy, good luck. I tried a lot of different things and couldn't get mine to eat anything. I hope you find something that works so you can save it. I think sometimes a lot of us don't do enough research on some of the fish and or coral that we try to add to our tanks. The worst thing about that is that the fish or coral is the one to suffer. I am guilty of doing this twice in the past. Once with a lawnmower blenny and also with a flamed scallop. I lost both. The scallop is not long lived even in the wild and is next to imposible to keep alive for more than six to eight months in the tank. I did keep mine alive for almost ten months. But then bought a copper banded and it picked at it all the time, making it close up and never open to eat. Okay I got a little off subject.

scoutmaniak
03/24/2007, 12:00 AM
I guess I got lucky. My bleeny started eating flake food after it ran out of algea. It looks great now. I wish you the best of luck Chuy!!! If you have any algea pellets, or freshwater pleco waffers, you mite try that. Any thing that will taste like algea to the bleeny mite get him started. Ive got the same problem with the new one I just got.

Michael

killingseed
03/24/2007, 11:18 AM
ya i had one that was doing god till it ran out as well, at that point it eat my GSP till gone then he had nothing ,it was down hill from that point. :<