PDA

View Full Version : New Albuquerque Reef Stores

zombiedust
03/18/2007, 03:52 PM
Hey gang,

Now why would I want to talk about Albuquerque reef shops here. I am so tickled that you asked you little lima beans you !

I just got back from New Mexicoand whileI was there doing some work on the salt water tanks at the Museum I was told that 2 new reef stores had opened in Albuquerque. The only two in Albuquerque that is. One was brand new and the other was actually being reset up again. I gotta tell you these two places were looking really choice.

The first one I will talk about in this post is Coral Island. 2 ReefCentral memebers are there, Eric and Brian. Both of these guys have been around the reef block and really know their chops. They both happen to be exceptionally cool people and treat customers that go to Coral Island like real human beings instead of a money target. I mean this sincerely when I say these are mega nice guys. Ask for them when you get there.

Coral Island is brand new on 2205 Candelaria Road NE in good old Albuqueruqe. The inside is large, well lit and sparkly freaking clean. Plenty of room to wander and look. The had about half their tanks stocked and were working hard at stocking the rest and everything in the tanks were healthy and obviously really sweet specimens. It was as good a reef store as I have seen and will have some pics later for you guys to judge yourselves. The fact that Alb. is a smaller town means that you might find that one specimen that has been eluding you here with all the fellow reef shoppers that you compete with.

If you get down to Albuquerque you will find a pleasent surprise as they will give the D.A.R.C people a 5% discount off the bat and 10% percent for purchases over $100.00. I gurantee you it will be well worth your time stopping by there on the way back to Denver or where ever you are. They will also go the extra mile of making sure that your critters are comfy by packing them in styro and extra bags with a squirt or 2 of cool oxygen for that ride home with you. Don't forget the tequila !

See you at the next swap or meeting...Len

The Grim Reefer
03/18/2007, 05:30 PM
A nice reason for a detour for people passing through NM anyway.