PDA

View Full Version : Refugium poison?

oddiseus
03/18/2007, 03:08 PM
Hey guys I am having a tough time with my nano. I have never had a tank this small (20g) and I have been having problems with my zoos, Zoos have always been the most easy to have coral and now they have been my most difficult. lol Considering that is all that is in my tank. Anyhow I have never had a refugium either. I was wondering if refugiums can become problematic if all there is in them is chaeto and caulerpa. There seems to be a strong root network freely floating about in the water. The leaflets on the caulerpa turned white after I first put them in, I just put a new light on the fuge and things are starting to look better. I can see that roots are growing in the sand so I know that they are not dying. so what do you think? can this fuge o' mine be the problem? should I take it out of the loop for a bit?

mr pink floyd
03/18/2007, 03:26 PM
if the caulerpa turned white, im pretty sure your tank got nuked, which means it releases all the nitrates and such it had stored up, which is one reason why ill never use it, only cheato for me

oddiseus
03/18/2007, 07:32 PM
Wow I guess that is the problem Im having in my tank then. Should I yank all the rest of it out?

oddiseus
03/18/2007, 07:38 PM
Too late I ripped out all the caulerpa that didnt root.