PDA

View Full Version : Huge mess!

israelnajar
03/18/2007, 01:39 AM
Well those who were at the meeting know I routed the edges on my nano, INSIDE, against better judgment. Oh well, the edges came out great and there was a 'huge' mess.

But this mess was nothing compared the mess my brother had tonight. I have a lovesac (http://www.lovesac.com) and my brother had to copy me and get one as well. But his wasn't full of foam the way it is supposed to be. So I went to the lovesac store and talked to them and they gave me a free 4 cubic feet of foam for the sac. Usually they compress the foam into small blocks and we could have gotten those but only 1 would have been free. So we opted to take the uncompressed 4 cubic feet of foam.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos but the mess was probably at least 1000 times worse than the routed acrylic. Think of a busted beanbag with all the tiny styrofoam balls, and then add 2 feather pillows and imagine your dog tearing your couch cushions up. Also, Xavier was there not making it any better by running back and fourth in the big mess, it was funny but very messy.

And it still needs more foam.

Sorry for the long post but I thought at least someone may get a good laugh outta that.

rabid frog
03/18/2007, 06:17 AM
I know all about the huge messes. I built my whole tank in my wifes kitchen. The canopy was the messiest part. Routing does seem to make a bigger mess inside.

My wife has been pretty tolerant though. She just looks at the mess and laughs.

asfullax
03/18/2007, 06:54 AM
I think anybody in this hobby, need a patient, understanding spouse. I know this nano has tested my wifes nerves with all the "Holes I have drilled in out kitchen and all the water spills I have had in the past.

We once had a couch that a friend that was moving needed a place to store it for s few days. We told him yes, a few days later we came home to an entire living room filled with stuffing and a dog that was very happy with his new den. Not a pretty site. to top it off, we also found a dead bird that aparently flew in through the swamp cooler (that explained the red stains we found on the wall) :(

rabid frog
03/18/2007, 07:17 PM
This is the wife here!!
Yes it can be very nerve racking but I would rather have him tear apart my kitchen every day, all night, half the morning if it makes him happy and now we have another great tank!! The only thing that bugs me is the paint smell, all the pvc glue smells etc... YUCK!!