PDA

View Full Version : cadlights tank question

Butchdawg14
03/17/2007, 02:17 AM
I think if you have any of the cadlight tanks, in which i have the 6 gal......the flow water nossle is in the middle right (if you are looking at the tank) part of the back......

now if you want to put corals in, how would they get flow?? say like a coral on the far left rock?? obvisiously you would not put a coral right in front of the flow but i was just curious how that works

anything is appreciated

Waterboy
03/17/2007, 08:30 PM
You would probably need to supplement flow with a micro-powerhead if you're keeping softies. Look into something a little larger for sps or clams.

chelskisw6
03/18/2007, 09:43 AM
mine actually has more than enough flow for the whole tank, its actually too much, and i had to cut it down a bit.

you could do what i was considering... get a loc line return nozzle that splits in two.

dastratt
03/18/2007, 09:57 AM
I used some loc line in my 9g cadlights. They gave me a rotating output nozzle but those things always seem to stop on me. I'm not sure whats best but I set up a spraybar type arrangement at the water surface where the output streams out across the width of the tank. It sets up a circulation down the front with return flow through the rocks. I'm trying to avoid surface scum (skimmerless). I'm going to keep playing with different arrangements.

I also replaced the Rio 600 stock pump with a Hydor Seltz which is dialed down.

Butchdawg14
03/18/2007, 12:31 PM
sorry im knew but what is a loc line return?? any pic?

clowninaround74
03/18/2007, 12:35 PM
loc line is basically a piece of tube that is able to bend in different directions to desired flow direction. Kevin your not going to NEED this because the flow in your tank is all around it bounces off of the front wall and goes everywhere. You might want to look at getting a pump that pumps less water to slow down the flow but that depends on what you want to keep. Your flo right now is good for most sps but if you want lps and softies it might be a little much.

Butchdawg14
03/18/2007, 12:42 PM
oh ok cool

dastratt
03/18/2007, 04:59 PM
Loc line looks like this

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_plumbing_parts_fittings_loc_line_flexible_ball_socket_1.asp

You can find fittings and tubing at a home outlet store pretty easy too.