PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf angels

windowman
03/16/2007, 04:40 PM
Hi
any of you you lot keep dwarf angels in there 24gall nanos?
if so, which would be the best species to keep?
TIA.

puckbs
03/16/2007, 04:47 PM
stick with the smaller ones....dunno if you have any corals in there...but the cherub angels, flamebacks, and a few others stay pretty small

Illuminati
03/16/2007, 05:36 PM
Had a Flame Angel, IMO they are a bit to active for such a small tank. I have a Cherub now w/o problems

sir_dudeguy
03/16/2007, 07:37 PM
like colinadam said, flame angels are too big IMO (not so much the size, but just the fact that they're so active) and same with the coral beauties and similar sized ones. The only one i'd put in a 24g tank is a cherub angel.

d_icemand
03/16/2007, 08:56 PM
I have a fisher's angel and i love him. you must put the angel in last. If you add another later on the angel usually wont like him. trust me, ive been told many times and have learned the hard way more than once. Ive had a couple of cherubs in my 24 but they got too mean.

sir_dudeguy
03/16/2007, 09:00 PM
fishers get like 6 inches dont they? That'd be too big of a fish for a 24 imo, if that is indeed how big they get...

junkitu
03/16/2007, 11:31 PM
I keep a flame angel in my Aquapod 24 and he does not seem overly active but I have a lot of rocks and caves for him to play in. I've had him for about 6 months now and he and my black and white clown are best buddies.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/junkitu/Rics3.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/junkitu/January%20RC%20nTOTM/Flame.jpg

BCreefmaker
03/17/2007, 09:42 AM
i just added a pygmy angel too my 20G, along with a 6 line wrasse and 2 skunk clowns. the first few days there was territory desputes, but now its mostly over, but the wrasse remains the boss, lol. he looks great, and o love his personality. im watching to see if he picks at the few corals i do have or il have to take him back .:thumbdown

windowman
03/17/2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, think i will go for a cherub angel.

nYgel
03/17/2007, 04:45 PM
pygmys are the only of them that are 'almost 100% reef safe' from what I've heard.... im looking into one myself.

All Delight
03/18/2007, 12:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9501045#post9501045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nYgel
pygmys are the only of them that are 'almost 100% reef safe' from what I've heard.... im looking into one myself.

Depends on what your keeping. I had a flame in my 24 for a few months he was fine. I was keeping ricordea, candy cane, hammer, daisy polyps, gsp. Then I added acan lords and micromussa. He went to town picking at them. I got heavily into non indo stuff which is way to expensive so I got rid of the flame.

I've also heard of people keeping pygmys for a while then all of a sudden they start picking. If you tank is big enough that he can't concentrate on a few corals you'd probably be ok, but in a small tank he doesn't have much to choose from so he'll keep picking at the same coral, and probably end up killing it.

nYgel
03/18/2007, 11:23 AM
you realize when i say pygmy i mean a pygmy angel, not the general category of dwarf angel, right? Cuz people keep getting confused about that, many MANY dwarf angels will nip but pygmy angels tend the not... in all the cases i've seen.