PDA

View Full Version : My New Tunze (ATO) Osmolator

Jasonf08
03/15/2007, 06:33 AM
Well i put a new Tunze Osmolator in my biocube 29 gallon last night & this thing is amazing. It keeps my water within a 1/8" and brings the water back up to the exact levels every time. I did a test last night to see how much evap it would take to activate & my system activates when you remove as little as 1/4 cup of water. This is great because i have a pretty good evap rate with my MH lights & i want to keep my water level perfect for my skimmer to run at its best. I'll post some pics soon.

ezcompany
03/15/2007, 02:30 PM
awesome, do you just need to get the osmolator or do you have to get additional tubing/pumps?

Jasonf08
03/15/2007, 02:44 PM
All you need is the Osmolator. It comes with everything you need. Lots of bracket options clamps, hose clamp, different screw sizes. Also it comes with the water line, pump and everything you need to go right out of the box. The best part about this guy is the amazing accuracy. I plan on keeping this & using it on all my future tanks.

Texsun
03/15/2007, 03:19 PM
I love my Osomolator. Helps keep my tank nice and stable. I actually am using less freshwater now then when I was manually topping off since the Tunze is so accurate and efficient.

drummereef
03/16/2007, 02:15 AM
I'm definitely getting an Osmolator on my next tank. Those things are awesome.

tonkadawg
03/16/2007, 07:49 AM
How are you guys hooking these things up? I've got one just laying around and I'd love to use it again. Thing is, I don't have a sump and don't want a bunch of equip hanging on the tank.

Jasonf08
03/16/2007, 08:27 AM
I put mine in the 3rd chamber of my biocube (return section) That section isthe most stable without waves & clamped it on the wall between chamber 1 and two. I was able to put the high and low sensor on one bracket to keep it clean in the tank. but as far as equipment i dont have any hanging on the tank all mine is inside under the hood.

tenwhiteduke
03/16/2007, 09:04 AM
Can you explain what this is for? Osmolator??

tonkadawg
03/16/2007, 09:06 AM
the Tunze Osmolator is used for auto top offs - it is very percise and very reliable!

http://www.tunze.com/149.html?&L=1&C=US&user_tunzeprod_pi1[predid]=-infoxunter036

Texsun
03/16/2007, 03:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9490428#post9490428 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tonkadawg
How are you guys hooking these things up? I've got one just laying around and I'd love to use it again. Thing is, I don't have a sump and don't want a bunch of equip hanging on the tank. Only the black strips that hold the sensors go in the tank, so the whole thing pretty unobtrusive even in a small tank. I place mine in a shaded corner and hardly notice it at all.

tonkadawg
03/16/2007, 03:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9493483#post9493483 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Texsun
Only the black strips that hold the sensors go in the tank, so the whole thing pretty unobtrusive even in a small tank. I place mine in a shaded corner and hardly notice it at all.

yeah I was really trying to avoid those ugly black strips. Even the emergency shut off is pretty ugly. I just prefer that the equipment be unseen - unfortunately I don't have a sump.