PDA

View Full Version : flat live rock?

tomnscrubs
03/13/2007, 09:46 AM
Hi aquascaping bug has bit me bad:rolleyes:
looking for some flat pices of live rock or any base to cover my over flow boxes up and maybe build a tower, any pics for ideas would help too (for ideas) will be drilling holes to put together as shelves are the idea in my mind
thanks

SHowald72
03/13/2007, 08:16 PM
I have several flat pieces, all different sizes. There are several ways to connect rock. Apoxy, dolls, fishing line, pvc are all possibilities. It is easiest to do with dry rock if you want to take the time to let it become live rock in your tank. I don't have time to go into detail now but hopefully I gave you some things to think about.

RobTop
03/13/2007, 09:04 PM
Heavy duty zip strips work well too. Home Depot has them with thier heating duct work. I have a few pieces of flat rock that was bought as dry rock, like Shawn suggested. Very cheap like that. To cover overflows something I tough of after the fact on my tank was to cut sheet of acrylic to go around the over flow and glue rocks to it. That way you could event use rubble, which is usually cheaper than actual rock.

tomnscrubs
03/14/2007, 01:10 AM
really, those are very good ideas!! been stacking base rock before work to see what it looks like
have a mess load of base rock from the beach that washed up on shore
don't have any live rock yet though most of the base rock has a lot of coraline alge on it from the tank