PDA

View Full Version : *Sticky (not really): Where is everyone?

Will
08/15/2002, 06:43 AM
Ok, guys.. This is looking pretty bad. The Seahorse forum is the least active forum on all of Reef Central. We've got to boost it up! So, we all need to start posting more often so the Reef Central webmasters wont delete this forum since it's so inactive. So, in short, everyone with seahorses, POST HERE!!! :D
fourhand2

old ron
09/09/2002, 08:06 PM
Hello fourhand2 I would like to help. Been doing horses for a couple years. getting to know a bit about them and would like to pass on any info I can. How about you & I reply to every post in the horse forum!!!? perhaps that will help. Give me a comback.
Regards
old ron

danceswithdingoes
09/11/2002, 04:42 AM
I'm still waiting for the tank to cycle atm no seahorses= no questions :):D

kovu
09/11/2002, 01:28 PM
Im with ya oldron.

Im kinda new but ill be most active in the Seahorse forum.

Ill start a new thread called post your specs lets see what you all have setup!

old ron
09/11/2002, 06:18 PM
Hello Kovu, Thanks for your reply --- New is good. Sometimes when a person gains a fair share of KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
they tend to be a bore and loose sight of a purpose. the best forum is when we are all on about the same level and learn from each other and share what we have learned.
Welcome aboard.
sincerly;
old ron

Will
09/12/2002, 08:59 PM
hi ron,
this sounds like a great thing, however the idea here is not necessarily to reply to every post with zealousness. if you're replying to every post with paragraphs, you're lending posters the right to be lazy. aquarists, myself included, really like getting answers with no work, but that's just not the way to do it.. anyway, replying to each post with some information and guidance (in the form of a link) is definately a good thing! i'll try hard to do this often. i'm on here a lot, but im too lazy to reply sometimes :confused:. one more thing, please don't ever give links to other message boards. the one thing i always try to avoid is telling people to try seahorse.org. yes, this is ok if it's a very advanced topic, but not for general stuff... so, see ya around!
fourhand2

ps- im currently trying to imrpove a new seahorse forum on another site (www.wetwebfotos.com) but not many people are too excited about seahorses. wanna come over there and help me out?

old ron
09/13/2002, 06:53 PM
forhand2, you lost me in the first part of your reply, thanx for the invite may I reserve the invitation for a possible later date? there is now one place for the best guideance on all aspects of seahorses. when a person posts on RC they are looking for a reply that may help them if they have a problem of course many are adding their experiences also I notice many times a post is not replied to or only receives a sorry wish I could help. then to there are many knowedgable people responding to the posts. if they do not get the info they need the life of the horses may be at stake and the keeper may drop out of the hobby due to frustation so on that premise the other forum is the only option that I can see if we want them to stay wiyh RC then they need to be satisfied on RC. of course I cannot reply to every post and there is not that need due to others responding. it is the one with no reply or a poor reply that I am interested in. the great thing about the forum you are trying to improve is that Bob Fenner jumps in and answers also?

old ron
09/13/2002, 06:54 PM
forhand2, you lost me in the first part of your reply, thanx for the invite may I reserve the invitation for a possible later date? there is now one place for the best guideance on all aspects of seahorses. when a person posts on RC they are looking for a reply that may help them if they have a problem of course many are adding their experiences also I notice many times a post is not replied to or only receives a sorry wish I could help. then to there are many knowedgable people responding to the posts. if they do not get the info they need the life of the horses may be at stake and the keeper may drop out of the hobby due to frustation so on that premise the other forum is the only option that I can see if we want them to stay wiyh RC then they need to be satisfied on RC. of course I cannot reply to every post and there is not that need due to others responding. it is the one with no reply or a poor reply that I am interested in. the great thing about the forum you are trying to improve is that Bob Fenner jumps in and answers also?
Anyway thanx for letting me be a part of your quest

Paul B
09/15/2002, 10:43 AM
I figured I would post something to this forum. I have been collecting and raisinf seahorses for many years. I collect Hippocampus Erectus locally in New york. There is an abundance of them here on the grass flats and I guess they stay here over the winter but I don't know how they do it. The water gets real cold. I also collect them occasionally in a rocky rough channel where you would not know you would find such a weak swimming fish. They live on baby fish and small grass shrimp. There is an abundance of food in NY water. I have raised them to adult size on just brine shrimp that I first feed brewers yeast. They spawn every few weeks. I also invented and patented a brine shrimp feeder. I do have a beautiful picture of the female transfering the eggs to the male but I am having difficulty posting it.Seahorse and Reef fish Feeder (http://www.breeders-registry.gen.ca.us/Articles/v4_i3_paul_b/paul_b.htm)

old ron
09/15/2002, 07:16 PM
Hello Paul B, welcome aboard, we can benefit from your experience.

Nagel
09/17/2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by fourhand2
one more thing, please don't ever give links to other message boards. the one thing i always try to avoid is telling people to try seahorse.org. yes, this is ok if it's a very advanced topic, but not for general stuff... so, see ya around!
fourhand2

ps- im currently trying to imrpove a new seahorse forum on another site (www.wetwebfotos.com) but not many people are too excited about seahorses. wanna come over there and help me out?

HUH?!?!?!

First, don't give out links, then you DO!!!

I poked my head in here to see what's up ( I do have a pair of OceanRider Mustangs in a 55 WITH 18 banggai fry (not your recommended stocking level, but it does fine)) I check out the forum once in a while and I DO frequent www.seahorse.org .

I gotta say this, the mods here try to discourage links to commercial websites for the purpose of sales, but if a user was to post a link to an information site (and the OR site sometimes falls in this category), then we welcome it. The sharing of information is what this board is about, be it information on RC or on seahorse.org. Many newbies find RC just because of our sheer size, and honestly, there is some GOOD information over on seahorse.org. Being more experienced and "web-travelled", our more seasoned veterans will occasionally suggest an outside source for the information, and it IS welcome.

Please don't discourage linking to information on other sites.....