PDA

View Full Version : BTW -- Cadlight's New 35G!

advice1
03/11/2007, 01:14 AM
http://www.cadlights.com/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=103

Sorry if its old news

gulinias
03/12/2007, 10:43 AM
I was not to me. The question is do you give up on the conveinence of the red sea for the better lighting. I am at this time unsure of which way to go. I am sure this is a nice tank but it right up there in cost with the red sea and no skimmer so in reality it would be more expensive but have the stronger lighting package. I guess I need to play Nostradamus and decide if I would want to keep the things that require the better lighting. I know those two skimmers are approx 135.00 so that puts the package in the 630 range plus 150 for the stand. That is 780 plus freight.The red sea costs roughly 670 for their package. I am also wondering if the new nano cube would not be better? It would have less volume but then it is the cheapest alternative. I know cheaper is not always better but I am thinking in writing asking for feedback.:D :D

chelskisw6
03/12/2007, 11:27 AM
old news... but that tank is really nice....

gulinias: the cad tanks are top quality, they look so much better in person... you will just have to weigh the pros and cons of each system and get whats right for you. personally i would choose the cad over red sea anyway, but thats just me.

zombiedust
03/12/2007, 01:45 PM
Counting my pennies as we speak...Want one bad.....

Waterboy
03/12/2007, 04:36 PM
If I had to do it over again, I would choose the RedSea. CAD seems to be a small company and I thought that would be a benefit, but I've gotten no satisfaction from my order. I'm extremely annoyed. I've been waiting for over 3 weeks to get my replacement tank. If you're near NYC and can pick it up in person, go with CAD. But if you're anywhere else that it needs to be shipped, go with a more reputable vendor!

dastratt
03/12/2007, 07:12 PM
I bought a 9g from CAD a month ago. So far satisfied but delivery was a bit, ah funny. Website doesn't seem to recognize me. Their phone was disconnected, oh but my ccard was charged. No answer to multiple emails then bingo, somebody responded and the tank showed up pronto. I didn't end up waiting very long, a few days.

The teething on the overflow is a bit uneven but only noticeable when its empty and youre really looking at it close. I think it is a sweet looking tank tho. I would rather have an open top where I have it is going to get afternoon sun. Thats why I picked it over the acqumedic and jbj etc.

Sorry no opinion to offer about red sea's tanks. Their hydrometer sucks :lol:

kismetsh
03/13/2007, 12:23 PM
They make gorgeous tanks! I almost bought one but decided I would be happier in the long run if I put together my own equipment.

jewtball
03/13/2007, 06:29 PM
i ordered the 25G and it did take longer for it to be delivered. but its those damn DHL and UPS guys that make everything 10x harder than it is. i am sure cadlights is trying their best to have these shipped out asap, while being able to survive the "throwing around" and kicking of those boxes. i was considering the Finnex until they discontinued all of their glass tanks from the shipping problems. the cadlights was the most reasonable one to go to because i hate the plastic molding look (no offense guys) of the cubes, pods bio-cube etc.

i had to wait 10 days for my tank to arrive, i was hoping for 5 but it was cool at least it came in one piece. overall, i love my tank, it looks beautiful and very well built and thick glass. definitely the highest quality nano i have ever seen.

Waterboy
03/13/2007, 08:46 PM
I placed my order on February 7, but still have not found resolution. After the first shipment, I blamed DHL. But after half-a-dozen unanswered e-mails and broken promises on delivery dates, I blame Cadlights. The excuse 2 weeks ago was that delivery number 2 was shipped to the incorrect address. They alleged that they even tried to reroute the delivery mid-shipment. Clearly, this is no way to run a business. BTW, I will not comment on how the aquarium was packed. Let's just say that I'm not surprised that there was breakage. I truly hope that DHL accepts the claim!

I, too, prefer the quality of glass. And since the Red Sea is also glass, it's an easier sell for me. I just wished that I realized that over a month ago!

gulinias
03/13/2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate your feedback very much!:D

Ilia
03/14/2007, 12:42 AM
I think it's a fairly good company. I actually met the guys last year in AC at a convention, I even bought most of his coral after the show. Give them some time, they are backed on orders and are extremely busy for a smal company.

Waterboy
03/14/2007, 01:33 AM
In all honesty, I have given them nothing but time. I think over a month is fair, don't you? But even this I would overlook if they returned e-mails promptly and gave reasonable estimates for delivery. I don't enjoy being jerked around and certainly don't appreciate broken promises!

elmatth1
03/14/2007, 10:32 AM
I'm extremely dissatisfied with my CADLights 25gallon too! Shipping took forever and they did not bother to e-mail me to let me know they were backordered. They shipped me a different design than was posted on their website... a much worse design that they have since changed again! They got rid of the overflow teeth for a bulkhead/strainer combination which limited flow alot. I have been modding the combination with a JBJ surface skimmer and had to replace the plumbing in the back to try to help improve the flow. The 150w HQI light hood comes without fans, so the fixture gets extremely hot to the touch! I ended up modding the fixture to put two 80mm fans on top, one blowing in and the other out... simple mod, but fixed that problem. The refugium area needs work also, but i'm afraid i'll break the glass if I try to remove the baffles that are siliconed in. I e-mailed CADLights about all of this and they didn't seem to think any of this was an issue. If they took a look at the other major manufacturers designs and mimicked them, they would have a better product.... I'm sure the 35gallon will have the same issues, though I haven't seen it in person yet.

However, the tank itself is constructed really well with extra thick glass... seems very durable and rugged, IMO. If I had to do it over again though, I would go with a different tank that's been proven to work.

Eric