PDA

View Full Version : Hair algae

starsbravo
03/09/2007, 03:54 PM
Hey sam I just cant get rid of the hair algae in my tank. The urchin I got from you doesnt seem to keep up with it. I have been pulling it out as it grows. I just bought a new RO/DI system, but it wont be delivered until tues. I bought some high grade water in the mean time and want to do a water change this weekend to try to get it under control, do you have any Phosphate testing kits and a Phosphate removal media?? Thanks

Salty Sam
03/09/2007, 05:44 PM
I have a multi test kit with phosphate, have some phosban from caribsea as well......shut your lights way down and low food/ no supplements....the better water should start helping...good skimming/ water change...is the tank near a window?

starsbravo
03/09/2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah the tank is near a window, but the shades are always shut so no light gets in. You think a 4 hour photo period will be okay for the corals?? Thanks

killingseed
03/09/2007, 07:39 PM
get a turbo snail for that or a tang. heck i have 3 zerba turbo's you can have, it will be gone given time.

ok now back to attacking my red slim :<

starsbravo
03/09/2007, 09:53 PM
I have a zebra snail and turbos, but they dont go near it.

Salty Sam
03/10/2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, with your light you could do 2 hours a day.....for a few days shut the lights off completely....your corals will not die.