PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a chance to read the Alibi this week?

seesick
03/04/2007, 12:10 AM
Has anyone had a chance to read this weeks Alibi. There is a one page article on Rob and his crew over at Southwest Reef Company. I haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, but it looks pretty cool. I just wanted to my salty friends a heads up! You know that comment I made a while back about the brown aptashia frags? Well Karma is a B#$%@! I have 6 little ones in my tank right now. I have never had a problem with them before and they are taking off like wild flowers. So I’m preparing to do battle with those little buggers. I think I am going to try the Joe’s Juice and a couple peppermint shrimps. A few days ago I tried to encapsulate 1 using super glue (I don’t know if anyone has ever tried this) and it seems to have worked on the one that I tried it on. But I don’t know. This could just possibly worsen the situation. Does anyone have any thoughts? And NO NO NO! I don’t want to quit the hobby. Just trying to keep it on topic, don’t want to bum anyone out or hurt any feelings. Just having a little bit of fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GreenUku
03/04/2007, 02:40 AM
Is that article on the Alibi website?

seesick
03/04/2007, 02:20 PM
I don't know. I've never checked out the Albili online. They come out every Thursday. This one has a space man on the front and it is dated March1st-march 7th. I read the article it is just a little Q & A with the Southwest Reef Company folks. It was pretty well done. If i was them i would have just added that even if you are not part of the hobby and you enjoy fish you should stop on by and see how beautiful marine aquariums could be and how easy they can be to maintain. They touched on some of this. I especially like the part where Rob snuck away from his grandmother. You all should really check it out.

rabid frog
03/04/2007, 03:48 PM
I checked out the online ALIBI and could not find it anywhere. If anyone does see the article Q & A in the online ALIBI, please let me know.
Thanks
Niki

GreenUku
03/04/2007, 03:50 PM
Found it:

http://www.alibi.com/?scn=annual_report&serial_num=bjcybb

rabid frog
03/04/2007, 03:51 PM
just found it under annual report

seesick
03/04/2007, 10:01 PM
cool what did you all think? Rob said that “about 20 old costumers from the old days found him though the add” a few old schoolers from the New York Days. I Had to pick up a peppermint shrimp "Karma"

rabid frog
03/05/2007, 10:54 PM
good article.

xchrisjb
03/06/2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the link ... I enjoyed the article ...

Nice Job SW Reef.

rabid frog
03/06/2007, 02:14 AM
Seesick- This is Joey,

I have a few in my 75 also. I tried the joes juice and ity doesnt seem to work You kill a big one with it and 15 little ones sprout up. I have heard about epoxing or super gluing them but I dont know. Coral island had a few pepermints that they were training to those vile little nuissances. I bought 2 but all they do is seeem to hide. I have also heard copperbands do the job.

Let me know what you get to work. I would like to get them out before they go rampant in my system too.