PDA

View Full Version : March SMART club meeting-Saturday March 24,2007 2pm at AQUA HOBBIES!

OneThunder
03/04/2007, 12:03 AM
The members voted- a mini swap and a zooanthid dip demo!

From one of our members:

quarantining new acquisitions. what do you do? how many of the people who picked up frags from the demo rinsed them with ro water before putting them in their tank? there are nudibranches out there that live in zoo colonies that with eat them, a freashwaster bath takes them and other possibly unwanted hitchhikers off the colony. also look for the eggs, they are usually white spirals that do not come off with simple rinsing. i only say this, and trust me on other corals i usually just rinse them, because in one of my early tanks i got them. i thought they were cool and tried to protect them from my six line wrasse. once i found out what they were i hunted them down and rinsed all of my colonies and removed the eggs. I would say usually you will get them from a store that brings a bunch of wild cought zoos than from another established reefer.
another member:
I do the zoa bath.

Learn this recipe and see the dip-then DIY!

selgado
03/09/2007, 02:48 AM
SMART would like to extend an friendly invitation to any reefers that would like to come out and socialize with fellow reefers.

Nichole at Aqua Hobbies is going to host the March SMART meeting. We just have to let her know which day! Oh and the THEME for this months's meeting is...(drum roll please...)

FINDING NEMO!!

We will be doing a zoanthid dip demonstration. Everyone will receive a copy of the recipe and instructions!

UPDATE: The poll told us the March SMART meeting will be Saturday March 24th at the usual 2pm.

Check out the selling/trading thread here: http://www.statelinereef.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=521

AquaHobbies
1211 South Monroe St.
Monroe, MI 48161
734.457.FISH (3474)
Web: http://www.aquahobbies1.com

We will be having several give aways for this meeting. As always our meeting partners have come through with fantastic donations.

Steve of Aquarium Maintenance has graciously donated a coral frag from Nicole's frag vat! Value up to $29.99!* Thank you Steve!

Steve is also raffling off a 29 gallon tank setup. Steve tells me that if the winner doesn't want the tank setup that he would also be willing to exchange the prize for a nice fat gift certificate to Aqua Hobbies. Please see Aqua Hobbies for details. The raffle is going on now and will continue through the meeting so stop in Aqua Hobbies now and get your tickets or get them the day of the meeting.

We will be raffling away a $25.00 gift certificate to Aqua Hobbies as well!***

We will be having another 50/50 raffle like last month's raffle!***

We will be having a door prize drawing for the book, 'Living Mirrors: A Coral Reef Adventure' by Jack Stephens. This is a $35.00 value. This book is beautifully illustrated in full color.**

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/selgado/SMART%20literature/bookSM.jpg

We will also be giving away lots of kids prizes so be sure to bring the kids! Some of the things we will be giving away are a Little Mermaid musical jewelry box (a $29.99 value!), velvet coloring pictures with markers, two giant Nemo and Dory coloring books, a Finding Nemo paint and canvas picture set, and various other coloring books and prizes. Hopefully no kid will leave empty handed (supplies are limited).***

*Premium Member drawing only
**Premium or non Premium Member drawing only
***Drawing open to the general public

OneThunder
03/17/2007, 09:02 AM
As many of you already know that we are having many structural problems with our current buildings and we have decided to move to a new location.

So next Saturdays SMART meeting and mini-frag swap will be at our new location at:
310 N Telegraph
Monroe, MI 48162 (across the street from Panera Bread)
(also 1/2 mile past Farmer Jack-on same

side of road)

Please call with any questions you may have 734-457-FISH (3474)

ALSO, There is more parking!!!!!!!

selgado
03/21/2007, 09:44 PM
See everyone there!