PDA

View Full Version : OT: Looking for work

israelnajar
03/01/2007, 02:01 PM
Hello fellow reefers! The past two weeks I have been actively searching for work in my career field as I have lost my previous job. If anyone can help me out or put a word in for me I would greatly appreciate it. And now on to what my degree is.

I have an associates in computer electronics engineering, and halfway through my bachelors in electronic communications engineering but I have to go back to school to finish it.
About 6 months inbound phone sales experience non-electronics
Have about 2 years of management experience

I am trying to break into avionics , Eclipse, Boeing, Butler etc. but I am pretty much open to any position in the electronic field. Trying to stay clear of Intel as they seem volatile at the moment but I am not opposed to working there.

If anyone would like my resume just email me

israel dot najar at gmail dot com

Again thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Israel

rabid frog
03/03/2007, 12:52 AM
Have you tried Monsterjob.com or career builders? These type of companies always look at resumes. I am constantly looking for people on those sites. I would create a resume on both and go from there!!

asfullax
03/04/2007, 11:57 PM
israel,

I sent this to my bosses as well as a small enginering firm that I know of. they specialize in mechanical and electrical automation. I can't say much about my company since we hired a new person for one of the posistions friday morning. But, ill keep an eye out for ya. :D

israelnajar
03/05/2007, 03:14 AM
rabid frog
I have an account for monster and career builder, I have had an active account with them for the past 2 years and have not once received a call from any employers. But I did re updated my resume on the second when you reminded me about them. Thanks

asfullax
Thank your for passing on my resume to your company as well as the other engineering firm you know of. I really appreciate your help.

I am still looking so if anyone knows of any other tips let me know.

Thanks

Israel

rdarlington
03/06/2007, 02:14 PM
dice.com is probably better than monster and career builder put together and then squared. Check dice.

israelnajar
03/06/2007, 02:15 PM
Oh yea I totally forgot about dice.com thanks

AlleninNM
03/06/2007, 07:00 PM
Israel,

I still have a call into someone at Eclipse. Rumor is they are not hiring right now, but I will try to confirm.

Allen

israelnajar
03/06/2007, 11:24 PM
Allen,

Thanks for your help with Eclipse. I hear the contrary about hiring, that they need to hire at least 100 people by the end of 2007 so they have a staff for the new facility on the west side. By my account that is 11 people a month until the end of the year. Oh well, any help is still appreciated.

Thanks