PDA

View Full Version : Did salt water city ever use to be with this club

Zack S
08/10/2002, 06:35 PM
I noticed that all the lfs that we have you get discounts at and well ect. What about salt water city. Did we ever ask them. They sure are saltwater helpers. Did they ever accepct the card what??
Thanks i go there all the time.

MtnDewMan
08/10/2002, 09:16 PM
Zack,

Yes we did ask SWC if they wanted to support our club, they declined to provide a discount to club members. Card carrying members currently get the following discounts:

10% discount

Blue Sierra - Livestock & Drygoods
Below Sea Level - Livestock & Drygoods
Deep Sea Gallery - Livestock Only

15% discount

Aquarium Concepts - Livestock & Drygoods

30% discount

Kelly's Puppy's & Pets - Livestock & Drygoods

Zack S
08/10/2002, 11:13 PM
ok just making sure. I wonder why they declined?

Mushroom Boy
08/12/2002, 11:35 AM
They don't want our business :rolleyes:.

Seriously, though, I don't know why they've declined. I think they may view the activities of the club as somewhat of a competition to them. You'd have to ask them to be sure, but my guess is that they think that all we do is trade corals and buy dry goods online, thereby not buying from local shops. Not true in my experience. Sure, people are going to trade, and people are going to buy online, regardless of whether or not there's a local club. It would definitely be in their interest to participate with the club, as we're currently reaching 135 local hobbyists through our newsletter and club activities. JM$.02

Also, to answer your original question, yes, they used to be involved with the club and helped organize the Western Marine Conference that PSAS hosted a few years back. Hopefully, we'll be able to work out an agreement with them this year. Stay tuned....

Zack S
08/12/2002, 05:59 PM
yeah I did they say yhey don't because that we do not buy from them and we only buy from online. He said one time a few membrs came and looked at how much they saved by buying online.

Periclimenes Lover
08/28/2002, 10:00 PM
I go there a lot too, just for water usually. I wonder who said that about us not buying from them? Obviously some of us do. I've noticed that there are a couple people who work there, as with most stores, that just make things up sometimes. I would guess it's really one of two things: either they aren't making enough money still since they moved and spent a lot of profit on fixing up the store, plus they pay a high rent, or two the owner is just greedy and figures we'll buy from them anyway because of the convenient location. The people I've talked with there say they have only just started turning a profit and it's been slow so it's not much of a profit. I wish they did have better prices, or at least a real sale sometimes. I bought several things from there in the past, but I think I've bought at least as much from Blue Sierra because their prices are better.