PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Nassarius Snails Monday

73ChargerFan
08/09/2002, 08:35 PM
The meeting is next Thursday, so if I place an order Monday I can arrange to have it here on Thursday.

2-day shipping is $13, possibly more if we order a lot. I figure we'll split the shipping evenly amongst the orders.

12 snails are $ 3.75
25 snails are $ 6.50
50 snails are $ 10

If someone wants to order some, reply and COME TO THE MEETING WITH CASH. I will pay for them up to a reasonable limit, but I only have a 60g tank right now, so I can't dump 200 snails into it. Also, they might not have as many as we want. I'll call to order.

Also, it would be good to ship to someone (Gusty? ) who will DEFINITELY be at the meeting and can accept the shipment. Justin can bring mine back home if I miss the meeting.

My baby is due any day now, and I might miss the meeting. Too bad I can't get a tracking number so that I know when the baby will be delivered.

So, anyone who wants to do this, reply, but please be certain. These snails have to go to loving homes.

TheMandarinFish
08/10/2002, 01:30 PM
I would be down to get some caulerpa and a few snails too.

Cash is not a problem.

CONGRATS ON THE BABY!

We just had ours on July 3rd and I can assure you there is no greater feeling than seeing your newborn child. Justin's wife is pregnant too!

Let me look at the site again and confirm whether they have sargassum yet, then I will PM or post what it is that I want to order.

dwarfatize
08/11/2002, 02:49 AM
Put me down for 50. I could have the snails shipped to my place, cause I'm not going to miss this propagation for the world.
Dane

73ChargerFan
08/11/2002, 12:15 PM
I will update this list as necessary. If there are no objections, I will order in lots of 50 on Monday. Can someone bring livestock bags so we don't have to scrounge from Eddie?

Please pm or email me with your real name :) and phone number in case anything happens. Thanks.

I'm placing the order now.

me - 25
Jake (TheMandarinFish) - 25
(plus 1 pipefish & 1 pound caulerpa, Jake pays extra shipping)
Dane (dwarfatize) - 50
Edmund (ekwong) - 25 (welcome to the club, Edmund!)
Maureen (SunfishFun) - 12
Gusty - 25

Total 162 snails, I'll purchase 175 and donate 13 to the frag meeting.

I'm also ordering some Astrea ($0.40 ea) & Cerith ($1.00 ea) snails from justphish in a few weeks.

Thanks Maureen for offering to take delivery :D

SunfishFun
08/11/2002, 12:22 PM
I would like 12 nassarius snails please! I live in Pleasant Hill and will definitely be coming to the mtg, so if it doesn't work out with anyone else, the order could easily be shipped to my place Thursday.
-maureen

PS - by Sargassum, do you mean the seaweed only? Please let me know if he has any Sargassum Shrimp that hang out in this seaweed!

anathema
08/11/2002, 09:24 PM
Although, I would rather not have them shipped here since I am going to be busya nd have a lotof things to bring already.

In any case I hope everyone feels welcome to come to the meeting.

TheMandarinFish
08/11/2002, 10:18 PM
Hit me with the order...

I will be at the meeting and I will be home all day, every day until then(on summer break as a teacher).

I can get stuff to Justin also.

Email me at:
jamesfargher-AT-hotmail-DOT-com (hopefully no spam bots will pick up and decipher that email addy)

I will give you the details. I am down to get a ton of snails, I think.

I'm sick of my algae. I'd rather look at the undersides of snails than the green pattern on my glass any more, and my turbos and margaritas aren't cutting it by themselves.

I am also into splitting an order from justphish.com as well - too bad they don't have much aquacultured (haven't seen anything yet actually), but there deal on snails is good. I could always use more turbos.

TheMandarinFish
08/12/2002, 03:29 PM
I want 25 snails
1 pipefish
1 pound of caulerpa - I love caulerpa

Happy to receive the order, if not no problem.

73ChargerFan
08/12/2002, 09:11 PM
today at 2:30. I called them (it was 5:30 EDT) but no one was around. Funny thing, paypal only charged us 8.50 for s&h, with no options. That must be wrong.

No baby yet, I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get the room done before it comes!

Daveyboi
08/13/2002, 12:43 AM
The shipping price is an error. He should email you and tell you it's about 12 something..........:D

:D
Dave

TheMandarinFish
08/13/2002, 08:33 PM
once the baby comes, you'd better not come near a tank or even mention fish or your wife will have the Mafia bury you in concrete shoes.

Glad to hear on the S&H.

They aren't very responsive, which concerns me. At least they aren't very quick about it, although they seem nice.

Thanks for making it happen. I saw a pipefish at a store in Alameda today for $30. I like the $5 pipefish option, especially if it's the same species, just as colorful, and/or has been trained to prepped food as their site claims.

woo-hoo!

Bonus upside to reef tanks - all the motion and color are 10,000 times better for a baby's brain to watch than the most expensive mobile in the world. Of course, 10,000X more expensive too, but also that much better.

My 5 week old son *loves* staring at my fish swimming.

73ChargerFan
08/13/2002, 09:15 PM
The order should be here on Thursday! If I'm not there, give the money (exact change please) to Maureen. Details were sent to everyone by personal message.

Hope to see everyone Thursday!

- Anthony :D

===========================
Total Amount Due Per Person
===========================
Anthony: 25 Nassarius snails
6 Olive Narite snails
Amount Due: $ 16.46 (paid)

Jake: 25 Nassarius snails
1 pound Caulerpa
Amount Due: $ 22.47

Dane: 50 Nassarius snails