PDA

View Full Version : Great Frag Fest!!!

TheGrog
02/24/2007, 11:00 PM
Just got back home (long trip as car broke down on I-90 in middle of blizzard) and all corals made it fine. They are now happy in their new home.

Just want to say that I had a great time at my first frag swap and that those running it did a great job!!!

Can't wait for the next one!!!

vessxpress1
02/25/2007, 09:00 PM
Have to agree. It was worth the trip. Thanks to everyone involved. The only regrets I had was that I got there late and that I didn't get more! There were some great deals.

I had a couple questions though for anyone that can answer them.

First off, does anybody know where the proceeds from the raffle went to? Does it go into the club or to pay the event organizers? Just curious.

Next, I read that you're planning on this being an annual event? I was wondering if this date is set in stone now or is it likely to change? I ask only because it's an 80 mile trip, one way for me and about halfway home, I drove into the blizzard. Had it started earlier, I don't know if the old Eclipse would have made it back. I realize it was my choice to go and the same situation may not happen in another 100 years. But, had the storm hit yesterday morning instead of in the afternoon, I couldn't have made it. Many others could probably say the same thing.

It seems to me that it might just be easier and more beneficial for everyone to move the date more towards the spring or fall. If that's possible. I know a lot of people had longer drives than me so I'm sure they'd appreciate not being at the mercy of old man winter every year for this too. Just a thought.

Great event though! If we weren't going to MACNA this year, I would have bought more. Hope to see everybody in 08.

RobTop
02/26/2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys.
To answer a few questions. First the time of year for the event. It is not set in stone and it might me a bit later in the year next time. While turn out was great, I know several didn't come due to the weather.
The proceeds, well it did cost a bit to get this thing together, but it was profitable. the Rockford Reefers split the proceeds with it's co-sponsor. It was part of the agreement we had with them, half the proceeds or half the loss. With the nice chunck of change the club has, there is not a specific thing we have planed yet, but it will go striaght into the club's activities in a way that as many members as possible can benefit from it.
As for the event organizer. He is happy it was a success, that's payment enough

Bryan89
02/26/2007, 01:35 PM
thanks Rob for hosting and all of the setup.

archieb2
02/26/2007, 05:48 PM
This was my first frag swap, and I was impressed! The event was full of great people, great frags, great prices, and awesome prizes. The only negative thing of the trip was the weather, but the 2 hour trip south, that was filled with rain, sleet, snow, and freezing rain, was worth it! Thanks to everyone involved, and I'll see you next year!

DaveBien
02/27/2007, 01:44 AM
Rob.... Thanks for your work at the fest. Had a good time in spite of the drive (good weather going towards Chgo) and even won a few things.

Only one bad taste and that's after the fact (and that's worth a laugh), but you folks did a bang up job especially for a first time. Thanks

Michelle L
02/27/2007, 09:42 AM
We drove about 2 1/2 hours from Central Illinois and headed back in the most hellish weather I have ever gotten stuck in! We made it home OK though, and it made me appreciate my warm bed at home that much more on Saturday night.

But, since we made it home alright, I can say that the frag swap was entirely worth the trip! What a great event; I can say with 100% certainty that I will be back to future swaps.

I am a board member for the BNARC club and I know what a big undertaking this had to have been and how much work that you all must have put forth. Kudos to all involved!

RobTop
02/27/2007, 10:36 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9345976#post9345976 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DaveBien
Only one bad taste and that's after the fact (and that's worth a laugh), but you folks did a bang up job especially for a first time. Thanks

I like to laugh, do tell

DaveBien
02/27/2007, 05:30 PM
Rob, just go to CMAS' forum and belive me you'll see what the rukus is all about. We're now having a great laugh and its a laughing at not with since there was no humor to begin with. LOL

RobTop
02/28/2007, 12:38 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9351029#post9351029 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DaveBien
Rob, just go to CMAS' forum and belive me you'll see what the rukus is all about. We're now having a great laugh and its a laughing at not with since there was no humor to begin with. LOL

The thread in referance has nothing to do with the RR, except it happened at our event. Beyond that it is out of our hands