PDA

View Full Version : where have I been?

Aquariust
08/07/2002, 11:45 AM
Well folks, sorry I missed Ken's meeting.

I just moved souther in NJ, and had to completely remodel our new apt. It's finally done:) Well sorta, the apt is, but I still need to remodel my office, and I have to build my workshop. Both should go alot faster than the apt took.

I'm using my sisters computer now, on a slow 56K (connects at 27), so I'm not on the PC often. I will be soon when my office is done (back on cable).

Also, on a side note, my precious 150G tank I have been working so hard for is now only a memory. My parents think it's too big for the apt, so we're puting the tank and stand in the basement in storage until I buy a house in 2-3 years.

Good news is I didn't give up w/o a fight! I'm either getting a 90 or a 72 Bow front to hold me over.

Talk to ya's all soon,

-John

forbze16
08/07/2002, 02:32 PM
John,

Farther south in NJ? Where does that put you?

Sorry to hear about the 150, but you still have it. It will just take longer to set up than you thought.

You going to Ed's next weekend?

Good luck with the new pad.

Dave

kennerd
08/13/2002, 12:21 PM
John:

Some guy is selling 2 72 gal bowfronts up here in Fairlawn, NJ: one is on-site up north here, but his friend has one down in central Jersey. Bot are RR, one has a Durso standpipe. He also has PILES of equipment lying around. Let me know if you're interested, and I can dig up the info for you.

Ironically: some fellow in NYC was selling a 90 RR with MH/VHO, skimmer, sump, et.c. I was having a really hard time getting info from him, and he kept starting new threads, rather than post replies, and he finally let the setup go for $200! I am extremely ticked off @ this guy.

Aquariust
08/15/2002, 10:09 AM
Thanks Guys!

Dave, now I'm just a few towns outside Camden and 10 minutes from the ben franklin bridge.

Hey Ken, could you find out the info for me?

Thanks,

-John

kennerd
08/15/2002, 11:12 AM
Here's the thread with some of the info: he did say that he would be putting some of the stuff on ebay soon, though

2 72's (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=104111)

Aquariust
08/17/2002, 06:37 PM
Thanks anyway Kennerd, but he wants way too much $ for them.

kennerd
08/18/2002, 09:27 PM
no sweat.

K

Malcolm_C
08/22/2002, 09:10 AM
Aquariust,
How was your move? I didn't hear from you since I was at your place. anyway the pool is in you and your lady should come by sometime, that invite is open to everyone.

Aquariust
08/31/2002, 04:39 PM
Well all, I have some updates for everyone:)

Sorry I missed the meetings. I have been working day and night. I finally finished building my new 18x21 dedicated woodworking workshop. Now I just have to set up inside the shop.

But before I can set up I have to sheetrock my office. Sheetrock being the last thing I feel like doing after I just sheet rocked all the walls in my new apt.

But, my life is finally slowing down a bit. Once the office is complete, it will be back to normal. I will have cable, and I can surf the net, and relax again. This damn 56K!!!

Hope to see everyone soon,

-John

BTW, Malcom, thanks for the invite, but I have a pool, and I can't even find time to get into it:)