PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Kedd!

karl wagner
08/07/2002, 08:51 AM
Good job, I saw that tank and I was like.... I've seen that before, is that Kedd's tank??

Good news, all of the stuff I got from you is thriving.

Congratulations again. It's a beautiful tank.

ReefDiver
08/07/2002, 11:12 AM
Hi Kedd!

Good job! Great reef tank and setup! I had a comment about the Culerpa in your mini refugium. I would be careful as if this stuff goes sexual, it may cause a huge problem with your livestock. I know fellow reefers that this has happened to. BTW, where in Ct are you located? Do you belong to our SNEreefers club? If not, we would love to have you on board. Also, in case you didn't know, Eric Borneman is coming to CT during the labor day weekend to give a lecture and workshops, so, if you are interested in attending, let us know. This is a somewhat joint venture between our club and the Boston club. Keep up the good work!!

Raptor2
08/07/2002, 08:21 PM
I'm just a newbie here (and with Reef's), but I was really impressed with your Tank of The Month.

Great Job,
You give most of us something to strive for.

Someday................Maybe I'll.............Create and maintain a system this nice!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

sven
08/07/2002, 08:32 PM
Very nice.
I would like to see more pics of the sump with the refugium. And how the refugium is set up.

kedd
08/08/2002, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words about the tank. The family and I enjoy it very much.

Karl - I'm glad to hear that everything I gave you is doing well.

Sven - If you private message me I'll let you know how I had the refugium set up and what my lighting is. In the last month I've taken the Culerpa out for just the reason that ReefDiver stated. I was worried that it would become sexual and cause a problem as was the case in one of my friend's tanks. I am now trying to use red sea algae as my export and researching other things I could use.

ReefDiver - I live in Stamford. I currently do not belong to any clubs.