PDA

View Full Version : Southdown on its way!!!

marcus peters
08/07/2002, 06:23 AM
I have done alot of looking and have found that we can get the sand straight from Southdown Inc.. It will be about $10 a bag due to freight charges. But before I order a whole semi load, I need a commitment from everyone who wants this sand. So spread the word to everyone you know and get them to come on here and post a reply. More information will be posted here as soon as I get it.:D

snowslide
08/07/2002, 08:49 AM
$10 a bag is starting to sound REALLY GOOD!!! And definitely not worth me haulin' my arse up to Maryland. If we can really get it that cheap, then you can for sure put me down for 5 bags.

How much of it do you have to order for that price? If you are gonna have SD comin' out your ears, Griss in St. Louis is looking to get 1-2 pallets. I wouldn't mind running it up there for him.
Also could probably get my LFS here in Stillwater to pick up some bags to help lighten your load.

I can only assume its cheaper the more of it we buy. If so, maybe we should see just how much we can handle! :D

snowslide
08/07/2002, 08:56 AM
I am sure their are other societies out there like ours that could use SD. Maybe we could spread the word to Tulsa and Dallas. I wouldn't mind making trips to these areas as well.

Just don't know how much SD you need to offload. From what DrkShadow mentioned earlier, sounds like we would be getting a whole truck load. :eek2:

Lilgrasshopper
08/07/2002, 11:25 AM
I'll need anywhere from 10-20 bags...anything u can spare.
Just tell me where and when u want the money.

Tom
ps as long as I can p/u in OKC...

marcus peters
08/08/2002, 03:57 PM
I'm not for sure when I can get it here but sooner is bettter.It looks like its going to be some where in the range 1120 bags. I know that its a lot of sand but its the only feasible way to get it at a have decent price..So anyone with any thoughts on how to get rid some of this stuff I'm open for suggestions . A Southdown manager is suppose to call me tomorrow with a definite price and a date on when it can be here.So I'll talk about it some more at the meeting also I still have a few questions about the deep sand bed thing.

snowslide
08/08/2002, 04:23 PM
If you can get an exact price (includin' the shipping) for each bag of SD and a rough guess on when it will be here, I will start gettin' the word out and see how much I can relieve you of. I am guessing I can already find a home for between 150-275 bags of it.

Oh, and let me know how much you are wanting to part with.

jonah
08/09/2002, 09:39 PM
If this pans out, put me down for at least six bags.:)