PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn Question

yupuhhuh2
08/05/2002, 09:45 PM
Can i keep one with 36w of PC in an 11g tall? This coral is one that got me started in this hobby so i hope so. thanks.

Also i have heard that clown will host in the frogspawns from time to time. So the question is does this bother the frogspawn in any way?

JaneDoe
08/05/2002, 10:07 PM
I would think some coral could make it under one 36 watt PC bulb. How deep is the tank? :)
About the frogspawn and clowns I do know more. I have a mated pair living in a frogspawn right now. There have been happy and healthy in there for two years now. They even feed it so the frogspawn has really grown!
Sadly this is not always the case. They can be far to rough for the coral and do damage to it. I have heard of clowns killing them. It's all luck really. There is no way to tell if they will ever go near it too. Good luck.

OscarBeast
08/06/2002, 01:01 AM
Mine does well under 2 x 36 watt PC, but close to the top. I don't know about only 1 in a taller tank.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
08/08/2002, 01:03 AM
I have a 12 gallon with 2 36 watt pc's over it. I dont think 1 would be enough for it to live. Even if it does live it wont grow. Mine grows pretty fast