PDA

View Full Version : Nano CleanUp Crew

Demosthenes
08/01/2002, 01:01 PM
Sorry if it's too much to ask, but can anyone suggest an exact list of critters for my 20H SPS and Clam Tank? I need good DSB stirrers, and detritus eaters. I already have an Engineer Goby planned. Thanks in advance

Physh1
08/01/2002, 08:35 PM
I really like the TigerTail Cucumbers. Nontoxic and great sifters. I have one in my 7 bow along with around 5 red leg hermits.

For your 20 I'd consider a TigerTail Cucumber, maybe a goby, and around like 15 blue leg hermits....

Should be a good start...

Cameron

India
08/01/2002, 08:45 PM
It's hard for me not to overfeed a small tank, so I do fight algae. That brings me to SNAILS!! I happen to like astreas - probably 10...plus a peppermint shrimp for aptaisia and leftovers. I like scarlet hermits - they're the most peaceful I've found...I'd go with about 6...and perhaps 6 nassarius or bumblebee snails for leftovers and detrius. For me, a cuc is too large, and I don't worry too much about sand sifting...I just add plenty of worms and pods.
This is a fairly robust list of critters, but I usually keep a good fish load as opposed to focusing on clams and SPS, so please keep that in mind while considering my post.
Thank you,
India

scd
08/05/2002, 02:21 PM
I think the cuke will starve to death in a new 20.

For detritus, worms and pods are my main weapon in my 15g.

I also have:

For Algae:
2-3 ring cowries
3 Astea
3 Cerith

For Detritus:
4-8 Nassarius and peppermint snails

Also have 1 scarlet hermit - I think the crab may be killing the Nassarius and peppermint snails, but it's hard to say as I have only found one empty nassarius shell and I have never seen the crab act aggresively toward the snails - the same does not go for the blue legs which I removed from my tank..

Overall, I think this crew does a decent job... I feed heavily since I have an bubble tip anemone, as well as an cherub angel... So I think I may just always have some algae.