PDA

View Full Version : WOW - my Cleaner Shrimp just reproduced!!!

wiszmaster
01/31/2007, 09:19 PM
I was looking in my tank, and picking up some frags that had fallen down ... just as i looked @ one of my cleaner shrimp, it started to "scratch" at its belly with its frontal legs ... and a white cloud appeared.

At first i thought it was pooping - never seen it spew out a white cloud ... then i looked closer & the white cloud started to disperse rather quickly - ont his side of the tank i do not have much flow - so it seemed odd . some of the white 'particles' started to move randomly. looking closer - tiny little shrimp.

within second my Cleaner shrimp fed the tangs & the clown fish! ... but there are alot more .. a second cloud appeared from behind the rockwork a few minutes later ...

deschlayer
01/31/2007, 09:24 PM
dude did you get any out with the turkey baster?

wiszmaster
01/31/2007, 09:26 PM
no, i was too much in awe ... was watching the fish eat them .. rofl ... i'm sure some will survive that hide in the rockwork.

coralfarmer84
01/31/2007, 09:39 PM
odds are you will get nothing.... you don't have enough phyto in the water for them to eat and grow for one, for two your fish will make short work of them. I know several people who's cleaners spawn sometimes biweekely and have never had some live. If you do thou we'll start a farm lol

wiszmaster
01/31/2007, 10:11 PM
haha ... yeah, i was kind of doubting that much would come out of it... have you ever had this happen in your tank?

t'was pretty amazing to watch though ...

coralfarmer84
01/31/2007, 10:13 PM
who knows if its happened in mine. I never have time to observe it lol