PDA

View Full Version : my new 75gal. tank?

loosecannon
01/30/2007, 02:35 PM
hi all n.n.y.r.s. memers. i need help with this new tank! i have a 75gal. with over flow. i have stand glass top, overflow accessory kit. hang on back refugum,and light. ineed a good pump rated @ 600gal. per. hour. a sump,i was thinking of making one my self? and a real good pro. scimer. any help i get weil be graet. p.s. money is tite.:uzi:

aries70
01/30/2007, 03:54 PM
Well good to hear from ya , pump either a mag 5 or a mag 7 throttled back would probly work well, for a sump I've been using one of those plastic totes from walmart or lowes works great for me just make sure if power goes out you have enough room above your sump water level for the water from tank until overflow stops and return stops back siphoning skimmer I've read alot of good things about the reef octopus skimers the 150 would work good the 200 better if you can afford it.
Aries

loosecannon
01/30/2007, 05:12 PM
nice to here from some one from the club! i have been looking at p. t. skimers and octopus was won of them. ron and i were thinking of paying frags a visit? will late you know when. p.s. keep on reefing!

aries70
01/30/2007, 07:03 PM
Frags ? k see ya

gary greguire
02/07/2007, 06:42 AM
Hey nice to see you on the boards....

loosecannon
02/22/2007, 01:49 AM
hi this is loosecannon. i got a miny -g portinescimer .sill need a retrunpump and a sump. i am looking in to the stand, and it looks roomy. i tink i can drop a fit y five gal. down the top. what say uooooos guys out daer hun ? get back tos me or alsss bud a bing wid a pipe!

aries70
02/22/2007, 03:16 AM
Jeff for the sump get the biggest you can fit/afford that way you'll have enough room incase of power failure, unless you like clean up water ;) I don't I do it to much as it is

loosecannon
03/19/2007, 02:15 PM
hi my peeps i got the tank up and running, with 70,s help. i got some rock with salfishis help. 60 lbs, from dr. foster,s . the rock is from fl. it is pretty sad stuff. i would not tell any one to buy it. iam cuaring it now. my girl frend tould me the rock had to go or her! p.s. i well miss her. never come be for a man and his fishes, cubesh! p.s. a gan, i made my oune sump i went to lowe,s and got a rubbermaid contaner for 16 samollys$ . now i have a 50 gal. sump sweet . i could of got 1 from one of the mags. but paying 16$ in stad of 200$ or moor is much niceer! this hobby can cost a lot, or not it is all up to you. be sides im scottish.

aries70
03/19/2007, 11:19 PM
good to hear it's runin sorry about the rock