PDA

View Full Version : Great thanks for all from meeting

killingseed
01/29/2007, 07:01 PM
I would like to start off with, thanking everyone that took the time out to show up for the meeting. Thanks Everyone! Would like to thank the people the traded and or gave some corals away.

It was in fact a good meeting I think. We all got to meet some new face in the same hobby, salt water Aquariums. A lot of information was dished out and exchanged for future meeting and just things or thinks about for future meeting. Seems like a lot more that can be talked about in future meetings, but I think it still can be done better have an open chat about a topic or equipment and get options and more feedback and sharing from everyone. For the most part we all have taken a first step to bring back the El Paso Club.

For now it would be great to be more prepared for the next meeting, so for everyone that is thinking about attending. Would be great to get your options on a discussion topic, or project we can work on. Maybe someone in the group would like to share his experience or tank, or fragment some corals; sps, zoa’s, a mix for those that don’t want one but the other. I personal like the sound of the maxjet project myself but does not have to be something we do now.

It would be great to have a list of people’s names /screen names and a list of days or times that are best for that person, so maybe we can round the dates out a little better for everyone.

Thanks
John Hollister

P.S. bring others, get other stores to show up, and try to just have fun and learn. oh there might be picture from the meeting.

jmait769
01/30/2007, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to also chime in here and say my wife and I had a great time meeting everyone. Thanks to John (Killingseed) for putting this together and starting this off. :thumbsup:

I just wanted to throw out a few ideas and hopefully a whole lot of other EP area reefers will contribute to what direction we need or want to take this.

Personally I hope we can grow the interest of our hobby in the EP area.

I said this in the meeting, so for those that were not there, I’ll repeat it. I was in Augusta, GA TDY and spent about a month there. Augusta is similar in size to EP. I got to visit a few LFS and words cannot describe fully what they had. Here is a video of one called Star Aquatics; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4LdRiI59ek This is only the right side of the store but should give you an idea. The reason was the stores were normally packed. Literally we were shoulder to shoulder looking at the corals and fish. More interest will (hopefully) increase the available SW products and livestock our LFS will carry and we can ogle and purchase. The expansion of interest in our area will in turn boost interest in our club. Don’t forget we have 20,000 new soldiers (35,000 spouses and dependents) headed into our area and I know there will be more reefers in that group.

What is the purpose of our club?

What reef related information would you like the club to provide you?
Examples could be types of presentations, General Discussions, Handouts, etc...

What topics would you be willing to speak about, prepare a handout for or conduct?

Chemistry
Tank Husbandry
Coral propagation
DIY ideas (MJ mods, DIY live rock, acrylic construction, etc...)

Meeting places: homes, business, etc...

A small rant: There is no way anyone can come up with a time and place that everyone will be able to attend. That is understandable. I was, however, a little disappointed that only one LFS owner showed up. I’m no business owner, just a consumer, but for the life of me I cannot understand why you would not want to meet and participate in something that could only benefit you. OK off of my soapbox on that!:rolleyes:

Please contribute your ideas here and keep in mind these are just my ramblings. Hopefully this will lead to a greater discussion of what we all want.

Jay

SOULEMAN
01/31/2007, 10:37 AM
I think the dates that were mentioned sound good to me. I can either do the 3RD / 4th of March(sat/sunday) , as long as it is a weekend.
Some of the topics I would like to hear about were stated at the meeting especially fragging and the mj mods sound good for starters.
By the way, thanks for the meeting as I am ready to get things rolling as in the club. I think it would benefit me alot to hear from several different perspectives.
Thanks,
Dennis Soule and Diane Perez

ps. at the next meeting I would love some of those orange zoos.
I , as of right now I am gonna try to bring some pink zoos, and a rock with like 6-7 green striped mushrooms. any trades are considerable.

Salty Sam
01/31/2007, 01:55 PM
I agree, great 1st meeting. Thanks to killingseed for getting the ball rolling....bring me some more fliers or get with me so we can make some more.

killingseed
01/31/2007, 06:03 PM
Sam'
ya. i kinda forgot , with school and a buddy thats in the navy stoped in town for a week or two. i have just been lost, may have to get a pda to keep track of my time more.

also if anyone can list maybe some of the things that where done in the past? i think it would be great to hear about what was done in the past meetings and what people liked.

Salty Sam
02/01/2007, 06:28 PM
Damn, I forgot to give you a bunch of Macna club paper work that one of the other guys had printed up....next time your by remind me...may be some usefull stuff.

chuy marquez
02/01/2007, 08:58 PM
Great meeting, enjoyed meeting all of you.Thanks John for putting it together and thanks for the Zoa'sthey are nice. As soon as they spread I will give you a frag Soulman.