PDA

View Full Version : Reflectors? Dimppled

mitchellmoto
01/29/2007, 02:10 PM
Reflectors? What do you guys think of the reflector that have a dimppled surface.

They say 95% reflective just like the polished ones.I like the lumen max reflectors but I found a hydorponic site that has the dimppled reflectors with cooling attachments for a good price.

I wanted to seal them with the glass and attach a fan to pull all the heat from the fixtures and reduce the temp under my hood.

I also found a light mover that I'm going to get for above my frag tank. The mover is only 99 bucks. I figure it's cheaper than the eletricity an extra halide would cost for a year. And if I like the results I may install one on my main tank.

I'd like your thoughts on the reflectors. Keep in mind presently there isn't much reflector just a little overhang that is painted white, so any reflector will be a huge inprovement. The current one is a hamilton all in one light fixture vho's and halides. Not the inclosed fixtures just a large white metal base.

mitchellmoto
02/06/2007, 12:03 PM
Wow can't belive after a week no one added any input to my thread. I went ahead and bought 3 lumenarc III reflectors with A/C option. I'll get pics when they come in.

Salty Sam
02/06/2007, 01:03 PM
Not sure anybody knows on this forum including myself....would pose the question on the main lighting forum.

mitchellmoto
02/06/2007, 03:42 PM
No sweat Sam I did post on main forum. I went ahead and bought 3 lumenarc III with A/C but thanks anyway. Boy where they pricey.OUCH

Salty Sam
02/08/2007, 04:42 PM
But I bet their nice!

mitchellmoto
02/09/2007, 12:47 AM
we will see when I get them. I don't think they have been shipped yet.