PDA

View Full Version : Live Plant Rock

alexf23
01/28/2007, 10:24 PM
I found a website selling live plant rocks for nano tanks, here is what it says about them "This Plant Rock, when put in a reef tank, nano tank or refugium with the proper lighting will greatly reduce the nitrate level in an aquarium" I have never heard of them and was just wondering if it would be safe to add to my 24g nano. Thanks

sir_dudeguy
01/28/2007, 10:34 PM
please give a link to this place :)

My guess is that it is just ordinary chaeto alga or something similar (which in my opinion is a crime to charge money for that stuff...find any reefer near you who has some and they'll give it for free).

I wouldnt put that stuff in the actual display tank tho. It will just grow out of control. But then again chaeto alga doesnt attach to rock really i dont think.... but they say its attached to rock already so that would contradict :)

there are people who have made mini refugiums in the back compartments of the nano's tho so maybe you could do that.

And for the record, if it is chaeto or similar, yes, it will eat up some nitrates.

alexf23
01/28/2007, 10:50 PM
here it is :

http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/2187

did not want to link it before becuase did not want you guys to think I was doing ads or anything . LOL

sir_dudeguy
01/28/2007, 11:32 PM
lol nah, if you ever got questions like this in the future, go ahead and give the link right then ;)

But anyways, ya i 've seen people put stuff like this in their fuge. I personally wouldnt put it in the display...if you can do a mod and get a light over a back chamber, then ya maybe do it there.