PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of Phosphates in 18 gallon Nano

fishnugget
01/28/2007, 09:59 AM
What is the easiest way of getting rid of phosphates? I have done numerous water changes and it does not help. I have tried the new Boyd Combo Chemipure/ Phopsphate Remover. No change.

I do not have alittle skimmer for tank. I have a HOB filter for pads and media. I really don't want to put a reactor on such a small tank.

Is there any effective media out there that I can put in HOB?

Has anyone tried PO4 minus?

jamynsdad
01/28/2007, 10:41 AM
Poly fliter might help

Xirxes23
01/28/2007, 10:52 AM
get a phosban reactor, that will do it for sure.

Agu
01/28/2007, 12:29 PM
What makes you think you have excess phosphates ? Is nuisance algae a problem ? Or are you relying on a test kit ?

If water changes won't solve your phosphate problem I'd have to question the test kit or the quality of water used to make your salt water. Before spending more money on miracle cures I'd suggest you have the test results confirmed and test your source water.

trigger05
01/28/2007, 04:52 PM
check your filter pads in your HOB,
if they trap excesive detritus, they can contribute to nitrates and phosphate. Try running phosban in your filter, that is what helped me when i had an algae problem due to phosphates.
Oh and kepp doing those water changes.

trigger05
01/28/2007, 04:52 PM
check your filter pads in your HOB,
if they trap excesive detritus, they can contribute to nitrates and phosphate. Try running phosban in your filter, that is what helped me when i had an algae problem due to phosphates.
Oh and keep doing those water changes.