PDA

View Full Version : nanofish that eat flatworms

gsechen
01/25/2007, 04:23 AM
I'm talking about 12 gallon nano too. STUPID FLATWORMS, they are spreading slowly...What can I do? Also I got a lot of pods that seem to be eating my zoas. I need something quick!

I'm to scared to use the SALIFERT flatworm exit. I need natural predators.

schnell76
01/25/2007, 01:12 PM
You can use FWE without worries if you do it correctly. Make sure and siphon off as many as you can see with airline tubing. Then replace the removed water and dose the tank. Make sure you carbon is removed and wait for the little suckers to begin floating around. For about an hour or so siphon them off as they die, replacing water as you may need to keep your pump from sucking air. Then after the hour replace your carbon and continue to catch any left over flatworms that float around. I have done this 4 times on my tank and finally the last time I tripled the dose of FWE and that seems to finally have taken care of them. That I now have no wasted food that I have a pair of perc clowns in there. They don't let any food go to waste, thus there is less decaying matter for flatworms to feed off of. Only side affect from the tripled dose I saw was my snails did not move at all and my serpent star was all balled up and obviously not happy. The star and snails were fine and back to normal an hour or so after putting the carbon back in.

Not sure on the pods eating your zoas. My guess is they are not pods, but a nudi.

As for a natural means to eat flatworms. A 6line is not going to work in that small of a tank. I have read that a damsel will pick them off (yellow tail is I remember correctly). Maybe someone else can chime in on that.