PDA

View Full Version : 2 gallon tank

Zack S
07/29/2002, 10:43 AM
Hi I just finshed setting up my 2 gallon mini reef tank. It is a tall hex tank. The lighting I plan to have is a 13 watt pc 50\50. Ok with that lighting what kind of corals can IK get. I know I can get softies butg how about lps???? And whatelse would you recomendend?

Physh1
07/29/2002, 01:29 PM
No LPS will do well in there. The volume is too small and more importanly the light isn't sufficient. Softies will be no problem and other than that mushrooms, polyps, and feather dusters would be good choices. Very hardy and easy to care for....

Cameron

tyesmithND
07/30/2002, 08:31 PM
Zack S,

I am a little curious about where you plan to get a 13w pc (50/50) bulb. I have never seen this and it would work great for my refugium.

Thanks and good luck with the hex

yrureefing
07/30/2002, 08:33 PM
To give you a fast answer because he is not on. www.hellolights.com

Zack S
07/30/2002, 08:59 PM
so sorry
I was gone
anyway I have a 10 gallon laying around and I took the hood off and it holds a 13watt PC. It is a little big for my tank but works great!!!! Well lit tank
once again sorry

tyesmithND
07/30/2002, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys, I see it says new item.

The funny thing is about 2 months ago when i was talking to someone at hellolight about how to light me CPR Aquafuge he recomended going with 2X13watts (one blue one white). I told him this would be a problem since half of my refugium would be blue and the other half would be daylight. He seemed to understand my situation and I remarked that "if only they made a 50/50 bulb".

Well i went with 2X 13 watts Daylights for the fuge

I wonder if I had anything to do with that product or if it was coming out anyway and he just did know or couldn't tell me.

Hummmm

Oh well, thanks for the info. My macro will thank you.

Tye

leslr
07/31/2002, 09:46 AM
Hey tyesmithND.
Besides Hellolights, there is also Aquarium Hobbyist Supply(AHS).
They have complete kits with reflectors. Also my local pet store "PetCetera", (its locally called the petCemetary) has a Korean !3w Clip-On in fancy colors for use with those little fancy 1gal tanks.
leslr.

brandon429
08/01/2002, 10:07 AM
has good lighting/bulb choices for nanos. I use the coralife mini might on mine, and I am able to keep any species of coral (including LPS) as long as they are primarily photosynthetic. I dont like to feed too much because it spikes my nitrates as an end result, for this particular system.

b429