PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Paradise has some colonies on Sale!

originstar
07/28/2002, 11:05 PM
<table width=640>
I just got back from Tropical Paradise . They have about 20 colonies on Sale (about $30 less than the grand opening sale price). For those of you who were at Tropical Paradise's grand opening: Do you remember that the colonies were going for $65, $75, and $95? Well, all the leftovers are now going for $35, $45, $55, and $65. Good size colonies! Lance told me that they are trying to make room for some new stuff. He also told me that they are going to be selling corals and exotic fish mailorder. So if you have room for a colony or two, check them out... I bought 2 colonies for $45 each (a cat's paw, and an acro). Those would have cost me $75 each at the grand opening. The lights are off now in my tank, but I will take pics later and post them.

</table>

dsb1829
07/28/2002, 11:37 PM
Yep, some good deals in there. Newkie and I went there on Saturday and walked out with a styro box full of corals and fish.

Only caution I would give is that a couple of his tanks are fairly heavily populated with flat worms. So inspect and rinse anything you get before adding it to your display. FWIW ;)

SunfishFun
07/30/2002, 01:10 PM
DSB-
What do you recommend as dipping solution? Iodine solution? Fresh water?

dsb1829
08/01/2002, 09:48 AM
Hi Maureen,

I actually don't recommend either. My opinion of iodine/lugol's dips is that they will usually do more harm to the coral than the animals that you are trying to erradicate. I asked about these dips a while back when I had a few sps receeding and this is the outcome of my discussions with people like Randy Holmes-Farley, Dr. Ron, and a ton of good guys over in the sps forum.

Freshwater is a no-no. I don't know anything that likes FW dips. I am sure it would kill the parasites. Unfortunately it will more than likely kill your colony too :(

I just wrinsed all my stuff in a separate bucket of tank water. Not the cleanest method, but this way I can atleast reduce the amount of water from their systems entering my tank and also inspect what if anything falls off of the coral before placing it in my display.