PDA

View Full Version : My turn to show my 10g nano

JaneDoe
07/28/2002, 08:59 PM
My 10 gallon nano. You must forgive me for the glare. I am building a new hood (this one allows too much light to seep out in the front) so the lights are showing.

10 gallons, 2X36 watt PC lighting. 9 pounds sand, 11 pound live rock. Frogapawn, pearl bubble, ROB, blue tip acro, clam, red mushroom, too much algae that I am trying to rid the tank of. :)
The tank is 6 months old and is home to two ture clowns.

I hope you like it. Actually there will be many changes soon. I am going to sell/give away most of the coral. It will turn into more of a softie tank and home for the frogspawn and the clowns. The clowns have spawned a few times and I hope that this will become more of a breeding tank.Taking the more delicate corals out should help I hope.

JellyTheory
07/28/2002, 11:34 PM
Wow! Nice tank! What kind of clam do you have? How long have you had it? Is it doing fine under the PC lighting? I have 2x36 watt setup in my tank too. Same questions for your acro.

-Chris

Hurley675
07/28/2002, 11:55 PM
Looking good

Lunchbucket
07/29/2002, 12:39 AM
looking pretty good.

just a few friendly suggestions since i have had a 10gal nano for a while and had some of the same problems. i would get a surface skimmer to get rid of the film on the top of the tnak. makes it look way better plus more oxygen exchange too!!

good call on getting rid of at least the acro. i wouldn't do a clam or an acro under PC lighting but that is MO and my experience. they live but they are not truely happy.

keep up the good work!
Lunchbucket

JaneDoe
07/29/2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks everyone!

JellyTheory-
The acro & clam have been in the tank under the PC light for 5 months now. No loss of color and the acro has grown!
I do agree with Lunchbucket though. PC light are just not enough long term for these corals. Now if you put MH over your nano all should be well. I see no harm outwardly with the clam and acro right now (really more postive), but I would feel very bad if I were doing some unkown damage. I think they might do well, but I don't think I am willing to take the chance.

Lunchbucket-
Thank you for the suggestion about the surface scum. I had my powerhead pointed up but really it did nothing. I think I might get a hang-on fliter and see if that will correct the problem when I renovate the tank. :)

Lunchbucket
07/29/2002, 05:20 PM
the suface skimmer works great....nice clean clear surface water!

later ;)
Lunchbucket