PDA

View Full Version : Brotula info for Boris

radiata
07/28/2002, 08:43 PM
Boris,

Following up on our discussion at today's meeting. I think your fish is either a Dinematichthys iluocoeteoides (Yellow pigmy brotula) or a Dinematichthys riukiuensis (Yellow Brotula, Yellow Eel Goby, Lycopod Goby). Here's a pic:
http://qualitymarineusa.com/fish/photo/gobies/2815.html
Is this your fish? If you can find another you might just make history by breeding these marine livebearers. And, you can swap them for frags at our meetings ;).

Regards,
Bob

BORECKI
07/28/2002, 09:09 PM
YES !!!!! That's the one. How you got that info just by my verbal discription is bryond me.
I'v never seen another one in any LFS that i'v visited. Of course there is the slight problem of sexing them if I ever find another one. The one I have seems to be made of steel and can take just about anything I throw at it. (It lived for at least two months at N.J.Pets that I know of:p
Well now that I know what it is I can search better for one.
Thanks, Boris.

radiata
07/28/2002, 09:38 PM
Boris,

I think I've seen one, on average, every 8 or 10 years. And, I've bought two of them over the time I've been in the hobby. If I was actually looking to buy one I'd talk to Jeff at Hanover and Patrick at Absolutely Fish and ask them to keep an eye out for one. Funny thing is that they aren't really rare ($10 to $20 range), they just hide most of the time and, as a result, aren't very popular popular.

Bob

Fazm79
08/06/2002, 10:40 AM
Bob could you send me an email at fmx2md@aol.com. Your email isn't listed and I wanted to talk to you about your calcium reactor. Thanks!

- Faisal