PDA

View Full Version : August Meeting Announcement.

anathema
07/27/2002, 07:53 PM
Hello fellow BARE members,

Our next meeting will be held at Tropical Paradise in San Leandro on August 15th and starts at 7PM. For directions go to www.gotpa.com This meeting will be one of our quarterly frag meetings, so come prepared to swap some corals.

We are going to try to organize this frag meeting a little better than some of our previous meetings, but the rules are still the same. Only paid members may take part in the trading. Membership is prorated from September and it will cost nonmembers $10 to join at this meeting. The dues will need to be renewed in Sept at the full rate of $30 for the year. Nonmembers wishing to join at this meeting should try to arrive on time or a little early to be sure that they will have time to pay their dues before the trading starts.

In regard to the organization of the meeting, we will be making an effort to segregate the corals into different groups depending on needs and possibly by the conditions they come from. That way we can choose corals that will fit well in our tanks without having to track down the original owner in every case. To do this, we need contributors to please make an effort to indicate on their containers the conditions the animals are coming from or have been found to do well in. I am including an attachment of a word file that will print 10 Avery #5163 Labels to stick on your containers. All that is needed is basic info such as this:

Name & Description: Blue tip staghorn Acropora
Recommended Conditions: High Light, High Flow
Current Conditions: 8" from 400W EYE, Indirect current from powerhead.

Name & Description: Brown & Green Zooanthids
Recommended Conditions: High/Med Light, High/Med Flow.
Current Conditions: 2X55W PCs, on bottom of 29High.

This labeling is optional, and these labels are only a suggestion. If you have a better idea please do not hesitate to email me or post on Reefcentral. Other ideas I had were to provide a list of the corals that you bring and then copy the information to a list for the animals you take home. Displaying pictures of the corals was also suggested, and if you want to take time it would be appreciated. Providing this information will help people select more appropriate pieces and take better care of their frags.

I hope to see you all there,

Gusty Stambaugh

anathema
07/27/2002, 07:59 PM
This Email went out with an attached label, if anyone would liek a copy, please email me and I will send it to you.

Also,

I am receiving a large quantity of "mail undeliverable" replies when I send out the BARE email. I will be deleting these email addresses from the list this month. If you did not receive an email from me and you would like to, please email me with your address.

My email address is gusty@uninked.com

This can also be done from the BARE website, there is a box to join the club in the lower left. This form will email me.

Thank you,

Gusty Stambaugh

anathema
08/09/2002, 03:06 PM
The meeting is this Thursday. Hope everyone can make it.

anathema
08/14/2002, 05:55 PM
Woo Hoo!

TheMandarinFish
08/14/2002, 07:53 PM
Can't wait - thanks for organizing Gusty.

Every meeting is a frag swap with you, as you are really generous and kick down all the time.

Well, I vote you go first this time since you organized it and bring frags to literally every meeting.

mobert
08/15/2002, 04:08 PM
I agree with TheMandarinFish. Gutsy should take first pick for sure!