PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to have a skimmer for a 7gl nano?

guamtang
01/17/2007, 04:00 AM
hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a 7gl jebo nano and I am currently cycling it w/ 25lb of live rock and 2in. of live sand. Do I need a skimmer or will water changes be enough and is my sand bed deep enough. Also it came w/ T5 8W flourscents, I think these are junk. What would be a good DIY upgrade and where can I buy it online. I want to get every thing right before I add anything. Please help me and let me know if I'm on the right track. I have done marine fish only aquariums before and was really successful but I'm totally new to nanos and corals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks

hammerswinger
01/17/2007, 07:07 AM
You can do without a skimmer, just do reguklar small partial water changes. not sure about the light upgrade since i have never looked a jebo tankover.

kyrie_eleison
01/17/2007, 11:59 AM
You don't need a skimmer for that small of tank. I have two 8 gal nano-reefs that I couldn't fit a skimmer in or around unless I did a little handy-work. Just do a regular partial water change and you'll be fine. As for your lights, those are crap. I'm sure you already know that. I don't want to give recs. about lighting since the cost of lighting can get out of hand.

nano7joy
01/23/2007, 09:10 AM
Think you've got you filtration covered with all that rock and sand.( A+ there)
What are the tanks dimensions?
What kind of corals are you wanting to keep?
I would be more help If i had that info