PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on 20g Long Reef

dustin323
01/17/2007, 12:29 AM
Well yeah FW is getting boring, since I've started my 55g Reef. I've been having me a 20g long for a couple of years now. It was planted, but went to the ground when the light was left on & I went out of town. Algae bloom like youv'e never seen before. I've taken it down & cleaned it up & got it with no plants, but it still has the fish. IMO & IME FW planted tanks are harder to deal with than a reef.

Now I'm just thinking of saying farwell to FW, because SW is so much more interesting & worth every bit of work & $ I've put into my 55G.

I've got me a light for it since my brother upgraded to halide. It is a 130 watt PC fixture, 2 50/50s. He also used to have a HOB CPR wannabe skimmer made by Oddysea, but the intake pipe snapped. Though I'm pretty sure I can fix that right. So pretty much I have all the equipment & thinking maybe even turning the Aquaclear 30 into a little refugium.

So now that I've blabbed on about everything comes the question. What are some fish ya'll would recommend for a 20g long Reef? I'm kind of thinking doing a bunch oif macro algaes in the display too. If anyone has any ideas, please shoot them at me. :cool:

dustin323
01/17/2007, 12:33 AM
Ok I know what small fish I've always have liked. The yellow head jawfish. Can multiple of these be kept together?

dustin323
01/17/2007, 03:47 PM
bump!!!

Im SpSing
01/17/2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Dustin,

Have you been to the Louisiana Reef Club? www.lareefclub.com. go check it out.

Anyway...you have to have a 5-6" sand bed to keep a yellow head jawfish healthy and stress-free. Go check out the nano section on liveaquaria.com in the fish part. They have about everything you could want.

dustin323
01/17/2007, 09:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9008073#post9008073 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Im SpSing
Hey Dustin,

Have you been to the Louisiana Reef Club? www.lareefclub.com. go check it out.

Anyway...you have to have a 5-6" sand bed to keep a yellow head jawfish healthy and stress-free. Go check out the nano section on liveaquaria.com in the fish part. They have about everything you could want.

Hey thanks yeah I had seen on LiveAquaria that before. I'll probally get a jaw fish or two. I was also thinking like an argi angel.

BTW- I'm gonna checdk out the Louisiana Reef Club site. That sounds interesting just the other night I was wondering if there was a club here.