PDA

View Full Version : Moving baby feather duster?

marcus peters
07/25/2002, 06:19 PM
We discovered 7 baby feather dusters all on one rock in our sump. I wasn't planning on moving them any time soon but when they do get bigger I was wandering how to move them and if I could get them off tthe rock without hurting them?

hoopscity
07/25/2002, 06:27 PM
these thing are pretty hardy imho. i have huge amount of feather dusters in my tank and i decided to do some weeding out and started pulling them out by the handful. Well, some of the feather dusters were pulled right out of their tube and were floating around in my tank and eventually survived and rebuilt their tube in a matter of days.. just be gentle if you pull them off of the rock, but they should survive just fine.

marcus peters
07/25/2002, 06:55 PM
so I pull the tube and all not just the duster part?

hoopscity
07/25/2002, 06:58 PM
yeah you want to try and pull the whole guy off of the rock, otherwise, the worm will end up having to rebuild its tube and will end up being exposed for some time.

I had so many where i was pulling them out to get rid of them. And a couple survived even after they were exposed. Sometimes they are hard to pull off tho, their tubes attach pretty firmly to the rocks.

marcus peters
07/25/2002, 08:54 PM
ok thank u for the advice